Chapter Twelve

Spoilers For Chapter 1: Act 3 of Genshin Impact! Go watch a playthrough, or even play it yourself if you haven't!

  "So this is the Golden House?" Paimon whispered, the oppressive atmosphere and darkened chamber demanding utmost silence.

  "I thought there was supposed to be mililith guarding it at all times..." The traveler mumbled, reaching down to pick up a stray mora.

  Suddenly, all the torches in the room burst to life all at once, their flames licking the walls. Mililith littered the floor--sleeping, not dead--and, in the center of the room, Childe stood with his back to the door.

  "If I'm being completely honest here, I didn't expect you to come meet me! Since the moment I heard about the 'Great' Hero of Mondstadt, it became my goal to fight you." He turned around to face the girl, both hands gripping blades made entirely of flowing water, "So, how about it, Lumine?"

  Without warning, he ran towards her, holding one of his swords just above her head. Given barely enough time to defend herself, she struggled to retrieve her sword from her back, stumbling backwards uncontrollably.

  "Please, I don't want to fight you!" She shouted, scooting backwards as Paimon attempted to pry the doors open.

  "Well that's just too bad, isn't it?"

  And, with those words hanging in the air, he thrust a blade into the traveler's chest. Or rather, almost did. The moment the hydro touched her chest, she shouted, and someone came to her rescue.