Chapter Eleven

"Noctilucious jades, everlasting incense, perfume..." Lumine counted, watching the space where, mere hours earlier, Rex Lapis's exuvia had fallen to the earth.

  Yujing Terrace had been completely transformed in the six or so hours she had been gone running errands with Zhongli. There were workers setting up kites, preparing incense burners for the Rite of Parting.

  "Mr. Zhongli would be really proud if he were here!" Paimon giggled, taking in the view.

  "I wonder what Hu Tao wanted from him so suddenly-"

  "I could tell you if you want!~" A childish giggle rose up from behind the traveler, taking her and her companion completely by surprise, "I also have something else to tell you."

  "H-Hu Tao!" She shouted, nearly choking on the salty, seaside air, "Don't scare me like that!"

  "Sorry, I couldn't resist. The opportunity was ripe for the taking." The funeral director straightened her clothing, patting it down, "On a more serious note, Childe wants to meet you at the Golden House. 'Something-something, exuvia.'"

  "Well, no time to waste!" The pixie began sprinting, or rather floating, away from the two at high speeds.

  "Ah! Paimon!" Lumine called, chasing after her.