chapter [11]

{Rune}

A little later than 7 pm I arrived at the the said gym hall which I hadn't entered before. Actually, I didn't like being there as one of the first people and Vera had also insisted on styling my hair because I had difficulties doing it on my own. She styled it back into a messy braid but leaving a few strands of hair at the front so they softly fell at the side of my face. For make up I did some dark red eyeliner and fitting golden and red eyeshadow. Not too much though. Additionally, I put some sparkles under my eyes and painted my lips in a light natural red. It was quiet pretty I had to admit.
For clothing I went with wide black ripped jeans with chaines attached to it and a black cropped sleeveless shirt that revealed my arms.

When entering the hall the smell of alcohol immediately tingled my nose and I saw people dancing and conversating all over the place. The music was loud and all the colors were so bright that I had to get used to it for a few seconds to fight the urge of leaving again.

I noticed some people staring at me when I made my way through the crowd and secretly felt proud but also a little shy. At some point I finally spotted someone I recognized as Jane and quickly caught up to her. She was wearing a short black dress with a neck piece and an orange bag that gave a fitting contrast to her blue hair.

"Hey, Rune! Dammmn someone be looking fine here." She called me signing to get closer when she stopped talking to another girl next to her.
Usually, Jane was just a little taller than me but with her heels I felt like a child.

"Thanks, you look very beautiful yourself." I smiled at her not knowing if it might be too open to say that but she seemed to take it well.

"Kate is somewhere over there and Ed is talking to the barkeeper and uhm... I think Raven is filling up youngsters somewhere." She let her eyes trail over the crowd but shrugged after a moment when she couldn't spot him.
Why wasn't I surprised that Raven would do something like this...? Seriously, why was I even here?

"By the way, can I get you something to drink or eat? They have snacks at the bar." She offered but I kindly declined and said I'd go see for myself because actually I was very hungry at the moment.

When I decided to get myself some Pizza and sat down at the bar I was suddenly approached form the side when Vince sat down beside me.
He had an empty glass in his hand and asked the bar keeper for more.

"Hi, Vincent" I turned around to him and it seemed he just now realized that I was there.

"Oh hello Rune, almost didn't recognize you because of that make up. And call me Vince, it's awkward to be called Vincent." His voice sounded a little unclear and I had a feeling he already drank a little too much.

"Do you not like it?" I referred to my make up tilting my head slightly and taking a bite of my pizza. Vince blankly stared at me for a few seconds before replying.

"It's... pretty." He averted his eyes and his voice quieted down so I almost didn't get the last part. Was Vince being shy? I started giggling a little.

"Do you plan on getting drunk tonight?"

"Me?" He pointed at himself and I nodded.

"Damn sure I will. This is all Raven's fault. Before I met him I had standards and now I just want to drown myself in alcohol at this party every year, haha."

He sure was talkative compared to yesterday in the library and I liked seeing this side of him.

I spent a little more time talking to Vince and also joined Kate and her new friends for a while. Small talk wasn't something I necessarily enjoyed but it was alright because the atmosphere in there was energetic.