chapter [14]

{Rune}

On Wednesday, we skipped the training to meet up with Ayaka, Ethan and his big brother which I found out was Vince. At first it was only supposed to be those four including Raven but apparently the children insisted that I came along.
This whole afternoon was actually an exception that was ordered by Ms Inoue to give me a little free time as a thank you.

We were going into the city center on this bright and sunny day to go shopping or something. I didn't really know. In the car, Vince sat at the front to drive and Raven next to him while I was in the middle between the two children constantly talking to me. It was totally okay with me though.

"So you've joined our group just recently?" Ayaka wanted to know and I nodded.

"And Rave is your senior?"

"Yup."

"You know he can be really really mean so if he ever bothers you then tell me and I'll beat him up for you." She threw her fists in the air like a martial arts master when Raven turned around to us.

"Are you selling me out for Blondie right now? I won't buy you anything I swear."

The girl stuck out her tongue at him.

"Then Rune will buy it for her." Ethan laughed and I felt a strangely dark aura from Raven so I innocently shrugged.

We parked the car right in the center of the most lively part of the city and as soon as we got off Ethan and Ayaka headed over to an ice cream shop.

Vince went to pay for them before handing me and Raven an ice cream too. Mine was mango flavoured while Raven's had dark chocolate flavour.

"How'd you know I like mango?" I gladly took it but Vince kept his calm and collected expression and said he just guessed.

"You got something spilled there." he then added and wiped away some ice cream that got on my cheek somehow.

"Oi, are you pulling moves on him, Vincent?" Raven perked up behind him and took a bite of his own ice cream.

"Why? Are you jealous?" He said back and I swear I saw him grinning for a little moment. He must also like teasing his friend.

"Pff, lame joke." Raven mumbled and turned around to follow after the kids instead. Vince sighed loudly and we laughed a little before going after them. Since our conversation at the cafeteria two days ago, he behaved weirdly sometimes.

After going through some clothing and gaming stores we later came across an expensive looking jewelry shop that Ayaka wanted to go to. I felt very out of place with us three adults dressed casually while an employee in a suit showed us around. However, they somehow knew Raven already so we luckily weren't suspected to steal.

"What do you say about this, Rune?" The girl pointed at a pair of silver earrings with a black obsidian stone hanging down from it. I had to admit they were looking quiet beautiful.

"They are really pretty, don't you agree Ethan?" I asked the boy and he nodded.

"Why don't you ask me? You always ask me?" Raven made himself some space and inspected the earrings closely.

"Yeah, I guess they are okay." He admitted making Ayaka roll her eyes at him. It was funny how different he was when his little cousin was around...

"Let's ask Vince!" Ethan excidetly jumped up and ran over to where Vince was standing. In the process he suddenly tripped and was about to hit the ground when a stranger caught him and helped him up.

"Hey there, little man. Be careful or you might hurt yourself." The woman squatted down to him and I closed my eyes to calm down when I immediately noticed that it was Vera. What the hell was she doing here at this time of the day? Wasn't she supposed to be at some photoshoot or something? Even worse was how she was wearing my sunglasses and cap. She had at least 10 different ones at home so why take mine?!