chapter [24]

[Rune]

I was at my limit... I did at most sleep 3 hours before the alarm went of at 6 in the morning and I was forced to leave. Seriously, whose idea was it to go so early in the morning?

After getting ready I put on my shoes and pulled my suit case out to the hallway where Vince, Jane and also Raven were already waiting for me with their own cases.

"Good morning, man... you sure you are awake?" Jane patted my back slightly and smiled before taking my suit case in her hand and pulling it instead.

"I can do that on my own." I reached after her but she had already taken the lead with total motivation.

"Come on, let's go." Raven grinned with the same enthusiasm and started pushing me after Jane. How were both of them so energized early in the morning? Raven did not sleep more than I did.

"You don't coincidently want to carry me again, do you?" I stumbled from one side to the other. Right now I was so tired that I didn't care what I said before Raven lifted me onto of his suitcase and pulled it behind him with me sitting on top and leaning onto him.
He did not even comment what he did but simply kept going after Jane who eyed us suspiciously.

"Raveeeen, what a gentleman you've become." She laughed hysterically and winked at him.
I grinned a little at that comment but kept my eyes closed and held onto Ravens arm. Who cared at the moment?

"He'll only hold us back." Raven tried defending himself but Jane didn't even pay attention to him.

Soon we closed up to Kate, then Ed and Vince and when we were finally down in the entrance hall I had to force myself to stand up again and great Neil and his two companions.
One of them was a guy, probably japanese with tightly brushed back hair and fierce eyes. He was pretty but intimidating. Next to him was a girl, almost as tall as Neil with light blond hair and ice blue eyes.
From what I learned I guessed that she was part of the Hiver family that could cool down their body temperature so low that people around them could get ice burns.

I didn't want to get involved with these people for sure.

When our group closed up to them I seemed to recieve more judging stares than everyone else. I tried ignoring it for now but it got on my nerve.

The leader was also present next to them and greeted us kindly before wishing everyone luck for the mission.

"I trust on your success for this investigation. The man from Falcon must have planned his reveal so be prepared for a trap as well as other families searching for him. The knowledge about project "Healer" has highest priority because we cannot let the Falcon family create it at all costs.
Raven, please listen to your brother who will lead this mission. I expect excellent team work." She gave her younger nephew a small glance before proceeding to talk to Neil in private.

I could literally feel Raven tensing next to me and the others didn't seem any happier about this.
I made eye contact with Vince for a second when he moved his lips to form the words "be careful"
They were right... Neil and his friends could not be taken lightly.

[Raven]

After leaving the Inoue company building we were brought to our private plane that was already standing ready to take off.
I thought at least on the way there Neil would ignore us but I constantly felt his eyes on me whenever I was in range. He must still be suspicious of Rune and me so he was extra cautious. I wouldn't disappoint him in the mission, I simply couldn't.

"You okay there?" Vince wondered when we were already in the plane, him sitting across of me. I hadn't realized that my thoughts had drifted of and shook my head for a second.