1: The Return

A/N: Hello and welcome to the 4th installment in my "Demon Slayer: Yokai Wife" series. This is inspired by the Japanese folktale, "The Crane Wife." If you don't know the story then I suggest you give it a read. Hope you vote, comment, and enjoy.

•• ━━━━━━ •❀•✿•❀• ━━━━━━ ••

"What the hell are you doing here, (Name)?" Sanemi couldn't help the snarl that aligned his face as he glared at you.

"What ever do you mean, Sanemi?" You tilt your head to the side innocently, pretending to be oblivious, much to his absolute dismay.

"Anyway, did you miss me?" You added as a very, very, small blush appeared on his handsomely scarred face.

"That's not answering my fucking question!" He growled and telling by his somewhat irritated tone, the Wind Hashira didn't sound none too thrilled.

"You've got some nerve showing your face after leaving out on me! What do you want?" He asks irritably, crossing his arms over his chest as he narrowed his gaze at you.

For a moment, you said nothing, but eventually reciprocated his harsh words by giving him a soft sympathetic smile.

In summary, you and Sanemi were in a relationship and tried to keep it hidden. You spent many nights sneaking around, kissing, and being close to each other, and then you became very close! However, everything changed when the "incident" occurred, and one day you left him without any explanation.

Not even a kiss goodbye!

Though you had your so-called reasons, due to your own selfishness, however you couldn't let him know the truth as to why you'd left?

You see.. you're a Tennyo, which is an extraordinarily beautiful and divine creature equivalent to western angels and nymphs. Deep down, you knew that revealing your true identity as a Tennyo to Sanemi would only complicate things further. You were afraid that he wouldn't understand or accept you for who you truly were, leading to heartbreak and rejection.

And so, you chose to keep this crucial piece of information hidden, even at the cost of losing him forever. Despite your longing to be honest with him, the fear of losing everything held you back, creating a painful rift between you and Sanemi that seemed impossible to bridge.

Regardless, you could only imagine how much your sudden departure must've upset him and broken his heart, and that alone made you regret ever leaving him.

You were determined to show him how much he meant to you and how sorry you were for causing him so much hurt. You never should've let your jealousy cloud your judgment, so now it was time to make things right and prove to Sanemi that your love for him was unconditional. You were ready to put in the effort to repair the damage and rebuild your relationship.

You just pray that he will be willing to forgive you and give you a second chance.

Sanemi eyes widen slightly as he watched you slowly kneel down on the ground in the traditional "dogeza" position, with both your hands and forehead touching the concrete.

"I've come to with the intention of becoming your wife, Shinazugawa!" You say.

Sanemi's breath hitches a little when the words left your mouth. His face growing increasingly hot and his heart thumping rapidly in his ribcage.