8: Genya is Troubled

It's a beautiful warm, sunny day as two young male figures sat on engawa the of the Butterfly Estate.

A young boy with dark, mahogany hair and another with sunny blonde hair were both simply enjoying freshly baked Nikuman (pork buns).

Today was such a nice day that Ubuyashiki-sama had advised everyone to take a much needed break and simply enjoy life.

"Hey, Zenitsu?"

"Hm? What is it, Tanjiro?

"Have you notice Genya has been acting strange, lately?" Tanjiro asks.

"N-no why you ask?" Zenitsu questions.

"He seemed on edge. This morning, when I said "hi" to him, he suddenly just took off running─yelling "Don't kill me!" And when he accidentally bumped into Kanao-chan in the hallway, he got all flustered before bowing down to her, saying "I'm sorry!" Tanjiro explains.

Zenitsu was trying his best not to laugh at that as he snickered under his breath.

"C'mon Zenitsu, it's not funny. I'm kind of worried about Genya. He's not himself!" Tanjiro says.

"Well, I don't see what's the problem? I actually like the new Genya─it feels nice not having him bully us." Zenitsu says.

"I suppose...I just hope he's okay?" Tanjiro couldn't help but sigh.

He soon took note that Zenitsu hadn't eaten his pork bun, causing Tanjiro to raise a questionable brow.

"Why aren't you eating your nikuman, Zenitsu? It's going to get cold." Tanjirou says.

"I-I'm looking out for the that greedy piggy!" Zenitsu hissed, looking both left and right for any sign of Inosuke.

"That wild idiot is always trying to steal my food every time I let my guard down." Zenitsu pouted.

Tanjiro laughed, "heh, it's okay Zenitsu, Inosuke's not here─he left this morning to go train with Himejima-senpai!"

Zenitsu sighed in relief before smiling, "that's a relief, I haven't had a decent meal without always having to hide my snacks from him." He says, before taking a bite of his pork bun.

"Well, y'know Inosuke will always be Inosuke." Tanjiro joked, just as Zenitsu gave an odd look as if he remembered something important.

"Do you think Nezuko-chan would like to have some?"

"Well.. she's still asleep inside her box, but she should be waking up really─"

"NEEEEEEZUKO-CHAAAAAAN♡♡♡!" The young blonde suddenly yelled, hearts shining in his eyes as he ran back inside the mansion.

"─soon?" Tanjiro finally finished, watching his lovesick friend leave.

Now alone, Tanjiro heaved a sigh, averting his eyes towards the ground─when suddenly, his nose caught whiff of a familiar scent of pine and ohagi.

Glancing up, Tanjiro immediately spotted Genya across the courtyard, before getting up and running over towards him.

"Hey Genya!"

At the sound of his name being called, the young Shinazugawa immediately halted in his step.

"I-I'M SORRY, PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!" Genya exclaimed nervously, causing Tanjiro to pause and stared up at him worryingly.

"W-whoa, easy there Genya. It's only me," Tanjiro says softly.

"I would never hurt you." He reassures with a friendly smile.

Realizing his error and that it was only Kamado, Genya quickly glared towards the young boy.

"D-Damnit Kamado, don't fucking sneak up on me like that!"

"Hehe sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"I-I wasn't scared! As if I'll ever be scared of a weakling like you!" Genya hissed, before taking his leave.

"H-hey wait up─I want to talk to you?" Tanjiro says, following.

"Leave me alone!" Genya growled, trying to ignore the young mahogany-haired boy.

"But it's about this morning and I was just wondering is everything okay with you?" Tanjiro explains.

"Of course I'm okay idiot..now get lost." Genya grumbled.

However, Tanjiro refused to believe him as he sense something was off about Genya.

"Are you sure? Because you've been acting weird lately─did something happen?" Tanjiro asked.

Genya's face immediately grew hot as lewd flashbacks of Sanemi and (Name) in an extremely compromising position plagued his mind.

Oh how he wished he should've stayed at Butterfly Estate last night─despite them telling him that every room was occupied.

Upon returning home, there was no sign of Sanemi and (Name), that Genya had only assumed they were asleep.

However, once he reached the bedroom, Genya heard strange sounds coming from the room. He didn't think much of and had entered, only to be met with the lewd sight of his big brother going at it without a care.

And judging by the sounds he heard the (h/c) haired girl make, Sanemi was giving it to her good. Both moaning in the aftermath that will forever haunt him.

He could never look at Sanemi the same way again!

"Hey Genya, are you feeling okay? Your face is glowing all red, are you sick?" Tanjiro asks, placing a hand onto Genya's forehead─causing him to snap out from his thoughts.

"W-would you leave me the hell alone?! I already told you, I'm fine!" The young Shinazugawa slapped his away.

"I... I don't believe you. I can smell the strong scent of guilt and shame on you." Tanjiro points out.

Genya blushed at that, "q-quit sniffing me, you weirdo! You know shit!" He exclaimed.

"It's alright, Genya, you can tell me? What are friends for?" Tanjiro says, giving him the kindest of smiles.

'T-this idiot. Why is he so nice?...He's even worser than that flaming hot cheese puff, Rengoku! It makes me wanna vomit.' Genya thought bitterly.

"W-we're not friends." He mumbles shyly.

"Of course we are. Besides, I still have the tooth you threw at me, last week." Tanjiro smiles innocently.

"Why are you still carrying that?! Quit being a fucking weirdo and throw it away!"

"Only if you tell me what's troubling you?" Tanjiro persisted.

"Yeah right, you honestly think I'm going tell you that I'd accidentally caught my big brother having sex with his girlfriend last night? Don't make me laugh!"

"..."

The horrible realization dawns on him.

"Godamnit─!" Genya facepalmed, only to receive a comforting pat on the back by Tanjiro.

'Wait...Sanemi has a girlfriend?!' Tanjirou thought astonished.