9: Apple & Cinnamon

"Genya wait!"

"Leave me alone!"

"It's okay." Tanjiro says as he continues to follow close behind.

"You don't have nothing to be ashamed of. If it makes you feel any better; when I was young, I'd accidentally walked in on my parents." He adds.

How the hell was that supposed to make him feel any better?

"S-shut up!" The young Shinazugawa hissed.

"So, Sanemi-san has a lady friend?"

He never would've guessed someone like Sanemi would even indulge in such things, such as romance and intimacy?

"I said shut up! Y-you heard nothing! You tell anyone and you're ass is grass." Genya says, repeating the same phrase Sanemi once said to him.

Tanjiro only smiled, having long since gotten used to Genya's petty threats as he thought about the concept of Sanemi having a woman.

That it only made him even more curious to know who she is and what she's like?

She must've been someone very exceptional to tango with the rowdy Wind Hashira.

"That's great! Who is she?" Tanjiro asks excitedly─with stars in his eyes.

"None of your fucking business!" Genya growled, his cheeks slightly pink, before turning his back and continue walking down the woodland trail.

"I already knew Sanemi is a nice guy, but I never took him for the romantic type?" Tanjiro pondered.

Genya grumbled softly, clearly trying his damnest to ignore the nosey Kamado boy.

"Is she one of the Kakushi?"

"No."

Genya honestly didn't know if (Name) is or not.

"A demon slayer trainee?" Tanjiro pressed.

Genya snarled in annoyance and quickly turned to face the young dark, mahogany haired boy once more, and then grabbed him by the collar.

"Listen here Kamado, don't you dare go telling no one about my brother having a girlfriend!" Genya growls, the whites of his sclera turning slightly black as he glared at Tanjiro menacingly.

Apparently, the effects from that demon he ate yesterday hadn't worn off yet and still coursed through his veins.

"If you do, then you're dead meat, ya hear me? DEAD MEAT! It's bad enough that he has to put up with everyone putting their noses where they don't belong. So, don't go babbling about Nemi's personal affairs!"

When in truth, Genya was afraid that if word got out, then he knew Sanemi would surely come for him.

The thought had Genya internally cowaring in fear.

Tanjiro only blinked at his 'friend' owlishly and just as he was about to ask why, an unfamiliar scent hit his nose.

It was thickly sweet with a hint of spice─like apple and cinnamon!