5: Reminisce

You happily finished setting the table whilst humming to yourself.

With the food now cooked and ready, all that was left to do was wait for Sanemi and Genya to finish their bath.

After placing the large bowl of steaming yakiniku on the table, you followed up with three bowls of hibachi, rice, hibachi, and lastly─the plate with the ohagi.

Tonight, the two Shinazugawa brothers were going to feast like Kings that you couldn't help but give yourself a high-five for your hard work.

"Hmm, I wonder if Nemi and Gen prefer juice or tea?" You pondered to yourself, but eventually decided to go with the latter.

As you walked back towards the kitchen, you spotted something out the window as it scurried across the yard.

Curious, you went towards the door and slid it opened only to glance and see a cute dog.

It was a Shiba Inu with a reddish-brown and white coat.

"Hey, where'd you come from little guy?" You asked as it walked up to you happily.

Upon closer inspection, you noticed it was female and she appeared to be pregnant with pups. She also had a red collar with a oval shaped tag around her neck, meaning she was owned.

Reading the name tag, you saw the kanji 胡桃 (Kurumi) along with the serial number and street address.

"Kurumi? Such a pretty name for a pretty dog." You smiled as Kurumi happily waged her curly bushy tail.

"Are you hungry, girl?" You asked.

Kurumi barked as you headed back inside, grabbing a pair of chopsticks and taking one slab of meat, before returning.

"Here you go." You say tossing it to her as she accepted it─taking it into her mouth, before leaving.

You watched her disappeared behind the fence, probably heading back home and to owner to enjoy her free meal.

"You're welcome!" You say, waving goodbye.

────────────────

Sanemi sat in the tub, an arm resting on the brim and a knee up.

After such a long day, he needed a quiet soak to sort out the mess in his head. He sank further into the warm water, relishing in the warmth of the water to his body─ taking a deep breath and exhaling softly.

Sanemi slowly rotated his neck, a pop releasing much tension. He massaged over the spot─feeling all his troubles melt away, before letting his thoughts adrift and play out.

"Uh, Oniichan?" Came Genya's voice.

Well, there went his peace and quiet.

The Wind Pillar nearly forgot the younger Shinazugawa was with him as he glanced towards his younger brother.

"What?"

Sanemi noticed Genya's timid posture as his eyes wandered over his skin, examining the various of scars that resembled his own. Except, Genya didn't have as many as he did.