6: A Family Meal

"I hope you boys like yakiniku? I used honey barbeque sauce, so I just know you two will like it." You say.

For tonight's dinner, you prepared rice, salad, yakiniku, and lastly for dessert, ohagi.

Both Sanemi and Genya were practically salivating as they stared at the food hungrily.

Sanemi swallowed the lump of saliva that gathered in his throat before saying,

"Y-you really shouldn't have, (Name)." He mumbles softly.

When he said you were going to cook as part of your punishment, he wasn't expecting you to go this far?!

Nevertheless, he wasn't about to complain.

"But I wanted to, Nemi." You say, causing him to blush.

"Now, let us give thanks." You say, bowing your head.

Both Sanemi and Genya did the same as all three of you prayed. For as long as Sanemi had known you, he never actually asked you of your religion.

"Itakimatsu!!!" All three of you say in unison, before digging in.

And true enough, the Shinazugawa brothers did indeed enjoy the yakiniku as you watched in awe as they both chowed down the cuts of meat that you'd cooked, before gulping down their bowls of rice.

You gently swatted Sanemi's hand away when he tried to reach for the ohagi.

"No dessert until you eat your vegetables." You scolded, gesturing towards his bowl of salad, making him growl.

"Last time I checked, I can eat whatever the hell I want." He grumbled, pouting like a spoil child.

"Yeah.. but you need to eat vegetables, too. Eating nothing but ohagi will increase your LDL cholesterol!" You say, sternly.

"See, even Genya agrees." You smile, seeing the younger Shinazugawa demolishing his bowl of vegetables.

"Ugh fine, I'll eat my fucking vegetables." The Wind Hashira gave in, and began eating the salad, which contained a mixture of lettuce, tomatoes, eggs, and broccoli. All coated in vinaigrette.

"You should also stay away from junk food. So, no more of that yucky stuff like: Ramen flavored potato chips or sour cherry cola!" You say.

"Whatever." Was his only reply.

"I mean it, Nemi. It's unhealthy! Also, it'll help your digestion if you eat more fiber and chew your food carefully."

"Ok."

"Also, if I ever catch your pet rhinoceros beetle in the rice again.. I'm tossing it back into the wild."

"Alright."

In truth, the Wind Pillar was kind of enjoying this. To him, it felt really good to have you around again. It was like you two were already husband and wife.

He digress, but whenever it seemed he try to head down the wrong path, you always give him the scolding he needs to set his mind back on the right track.