EP 32

"So, Wangji, you did say that if the government failed to compensate for the loss in time, Gusu Lan would definitely compensate for it?" Lan Xichen dropped a black chessman on the chessboard and held up the teacup gracefully to take a sip.

Lan Wangji held the chessman and thought, as if his mind was all on the chessboard, and said calmly: "Yes."

Lan Xichen said: "The outside statement is: Wuxian forced people to relocate and destroyed their ancestral graves. Wangji, you indulged Wuxian and promised to compensate the villagers for all their losses."

Wei Wuxian said: "Elder Brother, what Lan Zhan said was under the circumstance that the government failed to compensate in time. However, the government did sign a compensation agreement with the villagers. This was what the government wanted to do already. Relocating the village to distribute floods and compensating the villagers, was the government's business."

Lan Xichen gently rubbed the copy of the stack of compensation plans beside the chessboard, and said: "The village chief signed, and not all of nine village committee members, signed."

"Wuxian," Lan Xichen looked at Wei Wuxian,said in a gentle tone, "Sect Master Jiang sent people to pick up the copy overnight, printed more than 100,000 copies, and distributed them in Yunmeng. Your business, Sect Master Jiang is very caring."

Wei Wuxian whispered: "But no one believes that copies are true." The prejudice had been established. He was notorious. No matter what he did, he could not be trusted. He was the one who implicated Lan Zhan.

Lan Xichen was very gentle, as if he was teaching younger generations: "The compensation agreement is indeed incomplete and there are omissions. The government also deliberately delays and denies it, and is unwilling to explain it. And the world, the world is more likely to believe in rumors."

The rumors were sensational, the rumors were full of drama, the rumors were exciting and interesting, and the rumors could kill time

Rumors always spreaded more widely.

The Gusu Lan clan was well-known, and HanGuang Jun had been famous for a long time. Dragging the god off, stepped on the soles of feet, and judged him. Why not do it? Being able to spot something different, point out the flaws of others, analyze a whole set of conspiracy theories, and compose stories, demonstrated one's insightfulness, rationality and objectivity.

Proving that the god was nothing more than this, proving that god was indistinguishable from the mediocre, such a thing made mediocre people happy.

To be able to derogate a few words of god, as if psychologically triumphant, with a sense of superiority, as if one had surpassed the god, more successful, and more noble than the god.

To be able to see Gusu Lan's jokes and to expose the true face of HanGuang Jun was really exciting to passers-by. Thy were just a bunch of vultures.

Lan Wangji said: "Elder Brother, I hastily promised to pay compensation on my behalf. It was my negligence." Lan Xichen said, "It's okay. Wangji, Wuxian, there are only hundreds of villagers, my Gu Su Lan can afford it."

For the Gusu Lan clan today, it was indeed not a big money.

However, this should not be.

Wei Wuxian said, "I know that the Lan clan is rich, but..."

It shouldn't be the case that a person gave out his kindness, but did not get a good result.

Lan Xichen asked suddenly: "Wuxian, do you have money?"

Wei Wuxian choked.

Lan Wangji said anxiously: "Elder Brother..."

Lan Xichen calmly said: "Wangji, Wuxian himself can make money. Wuxian, you can go back and draw the talismans. Yiling Laozu makes the house talismans himself. I think there are many people who want to buy."