Chapter 15

Chapter 15 - Janitor

The weekend has now passed. Aang explained everything to Sokka, Katara, Suki, and Toph on the car ride home from the school on Saturday night. It is now Monday, lunch time at school.

"So you all snuck around the school Saturday night?" Mai asked Aang and Katara. Mai, Katara, Azula, Ty Lee, and Aang were already in the cafeteria waiting for the rest of the gaang.

"We'll just Katara, Sokka and I..." Aang started, "...Toph and Suki stayed in the car."

"Why?" Ty Lee asked with curiosity.

"They were our look outs." Katara said.

"Look outs? Was that really necessary?" Azula asked in her usual tone.

"Yeah, actually it was really helpful!" Katara said smiling back at Azula. "A car drove by just as Aang was sneaking off to see if a gate was open. Then he jumped in a bush..." Katara added with a chuckle.

"I only jumped in it because it was the closest place to hide before they would see me..." Aang added.

Azula wasn't liking the sound of this situation.

"Did anything interesting happen?" Ty Lee asked the two.

Katara looked at Aang who had his hood up. Aang looked over at her and their eyes met.

"Would you like to answer that one Aang?" Katara asked sarcastically with a smile. Aang almost blushed, but caught himself.

"Yeah Aang, go ahead, please answer..." Azula sneered, glaring at Aang.

"Honestly, nothing happened. I just found out something that might be useful." Aang said with a slight shrug.

"Useful? How?" Azula asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, I'm not really sure how..." Aang said scratching the back of his neck, "...but I saw two guys, like I saw in school, wearing the exact same black suits." Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee were all paying close attention now. Aang continued "...I couldn't really make out what they were saying, all I really heard that sounded important was, experiment and full moon."

All the girls looked slightly confused.

"Well that sounds super weird..." Mai said plainly.

Azula was thinking about what Aang said. Ty Lee was just confused. Just as Aang was about to continue he was cut off.

"Hey kid!" A creepy looking old guy said grabbing Aang's shoulder. He was right in Aang's ear. "If I think I understand what you're talking about, I may be able to help..." the old man said quietly with a grin.

"What? No, no, we're not...what?" Aang just looked at the old man confused. He looked like a janitor.

"I heard you explaining that story to your friends there..." the old man said. "...and I may be able to help..." the old man said again with a grin. Aang looked confused and looked back at the girls. They looked confused. Azula and Katara looked like they're about to explode because of this old man grabbing Aang.

"Who are you?" Azula sneered towards the old man.

Everyone looked towards the old man.

"The names Bumi! I'm the school janitor here. Been doing it for the past 20 years or so..." Bumi said.

"20 years?!" Ty Lee gasped.

"That's right young lady, 20 years. I know this school like the back of my hand." Bumi stated.