Chapter 21

Chapter 21 - No More Waiting

The weekend had past. It was now the following Monday. It was lunch time. Everyone in the gaang, except Aang, was in the cafeteria. Aang was starting his plan, the one to finally help that girl...

"Anyone know where Aang is?" Toph asked everyone around the table.

Everyone looked at each other. No one new where he was. Zuko had an idea though.

"He told me he had a plan when we were at the Halloween party. He said he had to talk to someone at school on Monday, so he might be doing that." Zuko explained with a shrug.

"Talk to someone?" Azula asked with a raised eyebrow. "Who? About what?" She questioned.

"About what? The basement. Who? I have no clue..." Zuko said as he took a bite of the cafeteria pizza.

Azula rolled her eyes. Everyone continued their lunch, but Toph and Azula were still wondering what Aang was up too.

"Hmmm." Aang thought to himself. He was in a hallway somewhere in the school. He was standing in front of a door that had a label reading "Janitors office." He figured this would be the best spot to look for Bumi.

Aang waited outside the door. He leaned back against the wall and flipped his hood up. A few minutes later, Bumi came around the corner with what was presumably his lunch. Bumi saw Aang and grinned.

"I wondered when you would finally visit me." Bumi said with a grin.

"You said you could help?" Aang asked.

"Perhaps...Depends what you're planning on." Bumi said, still grinning.

"I plan on helping." Aang said in a serious tone.

"Oh? Helping who?" Bumi asked.

"I'm...I'm not sure, but that doesn't matter...she looks like she needs help..."

Bumi thought for a second, but finally said,"That's enough for me. I always knew something fishy was going on around here. I was only able to dig so deep before I was told to stop..." Bumi said, getting serious all of a sudden.

"What do you mean?" Aang asked.

"Ah, for another time kid. That's in the past and doesn't matter now."

Aang nodded his head, understanding Bumi.

"Look, I know where this, lab is in the basement. I know how to get to it once I'm in the school...." Aang explained. "But I have no way of getting in the school..."

Bumi raised an eyebrow, and a slight grin grew on his face. "So, you came to the janitor?"

"Yeah..." Aang said, almost getting nervous.

"Smart thinking." Bumi said, turning around to a desk that was in the janitors office, which was more of a closet to be honest...

"Here..." He said handing Aang a set of keys.

Aang took the keys.

"This one will unlock any door on the outside, east wing of the school. This one..." he said pointing to the second key dangling from the ring, "...will open the majority of doors in the school."

Aang smiled.

"Thanks Bumi, I owe you."

"Just keep you're mouth shut about this little visit..." Bumi said seriously, almost scaring Aang. "And don't get caught either!" Bumi added with a laugh and snort.