An Orca on a stroll

About 8 years ago...

"Who's that Mommy?" Aelita climbs up on her mother's lap. She was pointing at a boy, a bit older than her. "Him? That's I--t-. He eats people, so don't get hurt around him. Some believe he's an orca in human form." Aelita looks at her mother with fear. "I'll make sure I stay away from him!"

8 years later...

'Next is...oh no...' On her list was a man that is a cannibal. And the man from earlier today, Idate. She remembers that he had a small crush on her mother. He might've had a crush on her too. But when he saw her today, it doesn't seem he remembers. 'Guess it means I'm safe...As long I don't hurt myself...'

She starts walking down the long, dark hallway. Being quiet as possible, because he did attack her once. She was 4 and she had scrapped her knee.

About 9 years ago...

Aelita was on the ground, crying because she had scrapped her knee. There wasn't much blood, but enough for a young boy to smell from 20 meters away.

A boy approached her, about 14 maybe, he had jet black hair with unusual two white spots in his hair, and dark gray eyes. He smelled like he had been smoking, though smoking wasn't allowed.

He gave her a gently smile. "I smelled blood from here. What's wrong, young angel?" Aelita sniffled. "I...I scrapped my knee..." The boy looks at her knee and smiles at her again. "Well, we can't let it keep bleeding, can we?" Aelita shakes her head in disagreement. He picked her up and set her in the flower bed. "Mr. Orca, we're not allowed to be in the flower beds!" He smiles at her, this time darkly. "Well, what I'm about to do is something your mother will hate, but I have to do it secretly." Then something clicked on Aelita's head. This was the boy...the boy who eats people...

Aelita screams and he quickly covers her mouth. "Now, now, little girl..." He licks the blood from the knee," we don't need any sounds." Tears were coming from her eyes, staring at him in fear. She wanted to scream, but he was keeping her mouth covered. Luckily, a few guards came over and pulled him away from her. "Let me go! Let me go!" When the guards took him away, her mother came over and picked her up. "I'm so sorry, Aelita! I'm sorry!" Tears were coming from her mother's eyes. "No Mama, I'm sorry..." Aelita gave her a smile and Maria smiled back.

9 years later...

That memory still gives her nightmares, waking up in cold sweat, breathing heavily, the only thing that gives her face and voice life, fear.

She sighs and continues down the hallway. 'I'll probably never gonna get work done today...my shift is almost over too...' She was right. Her shift is almost over, in about 20 minutes. If she gets Mr. Idate done today, then she's considered done for the night.

Finally making it to his room after 5 minutes, Aelita knocks on his door and waits for a response.

Another 5 minutes later, he didn't answer. She sighs and turns around and goes back down the hallway, not only failing at work today, but see someone down the hall. 'Someone's here..!' She was panicking and started to sweat.

She backs away from the figure, but only ended up tripping backwards and hitting her head on a corner of a desk near by. She was slightly bleeding, but she needs to clean it up quick, but she wasn't quick enough. The dark figure was near her face, barely inches apart. He (She assumed it was a he) went up to where she was bleeding and licks the blood up. She shivers and pushes the man away. "S...Stay away!" She haven't yelled in a while. It hurt her throat.

The man chuckles and stands up, where Aelita could see better. He looked a bit familiar to her. 'Is that..?' She stands up and to see better. Her eyes widen and slightly gasped. "My, my, have you forgotten about me?"

30 minutes later...

Aelita was sitting on Idate's bed, while he was making tea. She takes a look around her surroundings. His room seems to be completely white and it's cold.

"I take that you still wear thin clothes during winter?" Idate looks at her with a smile. She nods, and his smile grew bigger. "Good. I'm hoping for you to come with me to visit my niece. I can't leave without supervision." He was right. And his niece lived in Russia, so it'll be a fun time for her. "I have to ask first..." She quietly spoke. His smile went a bit small, but still a smile. "I do hope that they head nurse says yes." Aelita nods in agreement.

Idate sits next to her, smelling the blood from her head. He went up to her ear, whispering hungrily in her ear. "You know, you should clean that blood up. It's making me hungry~..." Aelita eyes widen and scoots away from him and looks at him with fear, he was still smiling. She was trying to speak calmly as possible, but couldn't. "You're not having me again..." He chuckles and gets up. "Oh, but I won't eat you. Maria will be mad at me if I do." Aelita looks at the pearly white floors. 'He has no right to say her name...'

"You are correct right there. I do have no rights." 'Did I say that out loud?' Aelita looks up at him with confusion. "How..?" He smiles. "Your face said it." Aelita had the feeling of anger. "Well...it's true, you have no rights, after all..." She gets up and head towards the door, setting his medicine on the desk, "you were there when it happened...you should have protected her..." She opens the door and walks out the hallway, "you should have killed her murderer and not eat her dead body." She shuts the door.