The Chase and the Truth

A/N: Third person is starting to get harder and harder, so I'll be doing first person for now on until I get better at third. I know, I suck.

Aelita's POV

All I ever hear in my head is one word and it kept on repeating, 'Run, run, run, run, run...' So I ran. I don't know why Sal told me to run, he just did and took me in this scary place. Of course as a girl, who loves white, I was afraid of the dark. Because I found something in it that I shouldn't have found.

I ran up the stairwell and pull the door to the wall back and shut it closed. I was breathing heavily, 'Hadn't ran that much in P.E....' I finally caught my breath and look back at the door. I wondered if Sal was okay. "Why did he tell me to run...?" I mumbled to myself for a while and look at, apparently, my file. I was, indeed, curious what is inside of it. I was about to open it until the head nurse walked.

I only saw her once in my life. She had a messy, brown-gray hair in a bun, tired eyes and her face was in wrinkles. She wore a tan suit and her glasses rest on her chest. Her light blue, tired eyes saw the file in my hand. "Give that to me. Right now..." I shook my head and took a step back, but she got closer to me with her hands reaching towards me, "give that back! It's not yours!" Then the word came back in my head. 'Run'

Of course, instinctively, when someone tells you to give them something that isn't theirs, you refuse and run. That's what I did. I ran. Thanks to gymnastics, I had to jump over her first, and kick her to the ground. I ran fast, and my steps were loud, loud enough for her to chase after me easily. I didn't think people her age can run fast. Luckily, she got tired quick and I still ran for my life, my destination: The Night Building.

I continued to run, and headed towards the South Wing. Since there was only one patient and he was the most dangerous. I went straight to huge, double, black doors and knocked on them quickly. I needed him to wake up quickly, and open the doors. Everything was starting to go dark. Last thing I heard was papers falling.

??? POV

I opened one of my doors and discovered a young girl, no older than 13, was lying on the floor. 'Is she sleeping..?' Carefully picking her up, I went in my room and set her down on my bed. My room was decorated in bunny pattern wallpaper. There was a single mirror to my left, and a window to my right. Of course the window was barricaded with steel bars. And on my bed, other than the girl, it was covered in stuffed bunnies. I love bunnies and rabbits a lot! And this girl looks like a certain little bunny I knew from 8 years ago....

About 8 years ago...

??? POV

A person, who is in their early twenties, shouldn't be in a mental asylum; where they make the nurses here patients here after a month with signs of distress.

Of course, there was one nurse who beaten that record, and she was beautiful. Her silky, long, bright, pink hair lays on her back. Her shining, blood-red eyes, glimmers whenever she's happy. Her gorgeous, white skin shines in the little sunlight in my room. Oh, her beauty even captured hearts on all women and men of all ages!

Of course, her little daughter, Aelita is just as cute as her mother. Her soft, short, snow-white hair is like freshly fallen snow fell on her head. Her eyes are like melted snow, and her skin is as pale as her mother's.

They were the most beautiful pair I've ever seen. But whenever Ms. Maria is busy, Aelita comes to my room and plays with me. I enjoy her company and our play-dates. Her imagination is wild as mine, not adult like, but fantasy wise. She loves being a snow queen, while I'm one of her Great Knights. We would play all day, but Aelita has to leave because of school and the visiting hours don't last long.

8 years later...

??? POV

I went back out to retrieve some papers that this young girl dropped. Though I do love lolis, but I couldn't touch this girl. She felt...special.

There was one paper that caught my attention. It was a report on asylum patients. I thought they were mine, but they were Aelita's! I turned to the girl and realized who she was. It was little Ai-chan, though little Ai-chan went from cute, to beauty in 8 years.

I was nervous what was in the papers, but I had to read them and see how they classified her.

Patients Name: Aelita Stones

Age: 13 years

Date of birth: December 21st, 2001

Gender: Female

Mental Level: 7th level

Description of patients activities: It's been 8 years of no signs of mental issues, but she had been showing signs of distress and anxiety. She recently started working at the asylum as a nurse, so the Head Nurse decided to see what would happen. After a month, she's been resisting her daily medication for health issues, but suddenly had gotten herself a terrible fever. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nurse of patient: ----- ------

I couldn't believe what I was reading. Aelita had been a patient here since she first came here?! I wanted to read more, but the rest was covered in blood splatters. I couldn't tell whose hand writing was it, but it did look familiar.

I looked back at her and sighed sadly. I felt sorry for her that she had been a patient here for almost her entire life, without even knowing. I mean, it's not her fault that she had been through a lot, it was the people here. It's there fault that she was suffering. Maybe that's why Maria was murdered; because she found out her daughter was a patient here and wanted to get her out, but it ended up getting her killed.

I finally took notice of Aelita's awakening. She slowly got up and looked at me carefully,while I was looking at her sadly.

"Satanick...what does it say...?" She said.

I glanced down at the paper and handed it to her. While she was reading it, her face became paler than usual.