Though the Devil's eyes

Let's go back a little towards Kcalb's side of the story; About a year ago...

"Kcalb," Etihw had set her pale hand on his shoulder, "you alright?" She had worry in her gray eyes. "Yeah I'm fine..." Kcalb looked towards the window that had the view of the front gate. 'Next week...'

Next week is when Etihw and Kcalb leave the asylum. They been in the asylum since Etihw was 15, and Kcalb was 14. When Etihw was 16 and Kcalb was 15, they met a curious little girl, named Aelita.

"I wonder how she is doing.." Etihw sighed. Kcalb looks at her, then back outside. "I don't know, but I'm sure she's alright..." Kcalb closes his eyes, imagining Aelita, smiling in a field of flowers.

He softly smiles to himself and Etihw raises an eyebrow. "Oho? What're you thinking of? Something naughty~?" Etihw giggled lewdly, and Kcalb blushed brightly and slightly raised his voice, stuttering the words he speak. "N-No I am not..!" Etihw giggled again. "Oh relax, I was just kidding." She went into a deadpan stare, "but seriously, what're you think about?" She leans in, and Kcalb only blushed brighter, still stuttering his words. "I-it's nothing..." He looks away and looks back outside. "Hmmm...alright. I believe you." Etihw sits back and looks outside with him.

"I can't wait to leave." She smiles. Kcalb looks at her for a moment, then back to where he was looking. "Yeah..." Then suddenly his eyes widen a bit. "Wha...?!" Etihw looks at him worryingly. "What's wrong?" She looks towards what he was looking at, then gasps. "Is that..?!" Etihw stands up and runs towards the window. "That's Aelita!"

Aelita was wearing a long, white dress with short sleeves. She was, seems to be, looking at the asylum. Etihw was waving her arms to get her attention, but sadly failed because Aelita walked away. "Awww..."

She looks at Kcalb with a bright smile and her eyes were brighter than before. "That was Aelita! We need to leave quicker!" She jumps like a little kid. Kcalb was still staring at where Aelita was. 'Was she holding an application...?' He kept thinking that it wasn't, until he asked the nurse at the front desk. "Is she really..?!" He steps back a little from shock. "Yes, she is applying to be the night nurse, but she's still young, so she'll come back next year." Kcalb couldn't believe what he was hearing. "So she really is..."

He slowly walks back to his and Etihw's room. 'I should be happy, but yet...I'm not?' He stops in front of his shared room, 'but I'm scared..?' He opens the door and walks in, with emotions that he never thought to feel again.