Chapter 13

"Avi!" my mother wraps her arms around my neck. I hug her back. She goes to Kirstie, and she gives her a hug, as well as a kiss on both cheeks.
"Well," my mother starts. "Your father's at work and your sister couldn't make it, so its just us!"
"While you get dinner ready, I'll give her a tour," I smile, and place a firm hand on her waist. I lead her downstairs into my old bedroom as a child.
"Is this your old childhood bedroom?" she smirked at me. I nod, and move closer.
"Do you like it?" I place two hands at her waist. I place my forehead on her's.
"Of course I love the dragon theme mixed with Pokemon."
"I love you," I smile, my eyes closed.
"I love you, too." I take her face in my hands and kiss her. She runs her tongue across my bottom lip, and our tongues dance in the other's mouth. She pushes me onto the bed, and I move my hands low on her hips. She pulls away, and works at my neck. She finds a soft spot behind my ear, and sucks and pecks. I moan softly, but she covers my mouth with her hand.
"Mom," she whispers in my ear.
"Would you like to continue this tour?" I whisper, voice husky. She shivers.
"Sure,"she nibbles on my ear. When we go upstairs, I attempt to cover my hickey with my hair. Kirstie runs into the bathroom, and takes me by the hand to the hallway.
"For my little love bite," she places a band aid over it with delicate fingers. I give her a quick kiss, and we go back.
"What did you do?" my mom asks, waving a wooden spoon around the air.
"I cut myself with a razor. My buzzer was out of batteries and I needed to shave."
"Right there?"
"Yeah," I look down in shame.
My mother looks down and laughs. "How long have you had the hickey?"
"A couple of days," I lie.
"Try again."
"Just now," I groan.
"Wow, Mrs. Kaplan!" Kirstie beams. We laugh and talk until Dad comes home. He gives her a hug and a firm shake of the shoulders for me. We go home around seven. When we get home, Olaf greets us at the door. We walk him into the office where he sleeps, and I kiss Kirstie. She wraps her hands around my neck and pulls away.
"How was your time?" I asked her.
"Fine. Your mom is so impressive!" she giggles.
"Yeah. Do you want to sleep with me in my room now?"
"Sure. Can I move in some clothes?"
"Yeah, go get them." I go and sit on the couch. I stand up and grab a water bottle and sip on it. Kirstie comes out. I half expect her to be wearing something else, but she comes out in sweatpants and my hoodie. She curls up at my side. I place a hand on the top of the couch, and hand her the remote. She chooses some reality show, and cuddles into my chest. I doze off.

"Avi!" Kirstie is straddling my hips, shaking my shoulders. I grab the sides of her face and kiss her. She slides her hands to my chest. I move my hands to her waist. She slips her tongue in my mouth.
"Why did you wake me out of the dead of sleep?" I pull her onto my chest.
"You were screaming my name in your sleep, and then you wouldn't wake up!" she buried her face in my chest.
"Well now I'm awake. You're safe now," I stroke her hair.
"Can we go to bed?" she murmurs.
"Sure baby," I say, and carry her bridal style to bed. She snuggles up to my side, and we drift off into sleep.