8 : We Were Your Parents

Meeting Phi Tae's mother for the first time is super nerve wrecking for Beam. His stomach keeps churning and he continuously fidgeting everytime someone approaches the table he's sitting alone.

The reason for this are, he's afraid that Phi Tae's mother will be disappointed at him or worse, detest him for dating his son. Maybe she wanted a woman for his son not a him.

Even though he heard nothing but wonderful things about her from Phi Tae but maybe like his mother, she might be overprotective. His mother wasn't very sure about Tae either even after the talk they had that night.

"Beam sweetie...meet my mother." Tae calls his name waking him up from his daydream.

Beam was awestruck by the person graceful aura standing in front of him. She has the sweetest and prettiest smiles Beam has ever seen in his entire life. Not to mention the sparks he felt the moment their eyes meet.

Its similar as when he met Phi Tae for the first time at the hospital. The familiar feeling but stronger this time.

Love? Care? Mother? His brain is full of confusion right now.

"Mum.." Beam cups his mouth when he realised the word that accidentally escaped his mouth.

"...I'm sorry. I mean Mrs.Jaturapoom, maam." Beam corrected himself embarrassed at the slip out.

Tae's mother feels like crying meeting Beam. The moment her eyes lays on his son's boyfriend, she doesn't know why but Beam somewhat reminded her of his other son ever since she saw the pictures sent by Tae.

Seeing him face to face seem surreal right now.

Tee. The word luckily get stuck in her throat. Tae would get offended if she let it out.

Tee. Her former son.

A son she lost due to something she calls an error and selfishness.

She misses him like crazy. The family that took him away from her didn't even allowed them to visit. They even got disappeared right after all the legal disputes ended. According to their lawyer, the family didn't want to proceed with the legal battle and move away from the place to start a new.

Nia still remembers when she first met Tee's biological parents at their house. The moment the wife saw Tee she immediately plunges herself towards him scaring Tee in the process. Afterwards they insist on wanting him back. The ties cutting are uncalled for. They took him away without telling them and she resented Tee's parents because of that.

"Mum. Call me mum." Nia insists telling Beam to call her mum then proceeds to hugs the pale man. Even hugging him feels right in his heart.

"... you're beautiful son. No wonder this punk doesn't wanna go home. Is he being a handful? Tell me okay if he makes you uncomfortable. I'll help you to scold him." Nia stated caressing Beam's hair. The gesture made by Nia makes Beam's heart warm.

"Ouh mum! Already throwing me out? You won't have the chances to do that. I wouldn't hurt him." Tae retorts confidently. How can he hurts him? He's everything for him.

Beam smiles seeing the bickering between the mother and son. Tae's mother reminds him of his own sans the gracefulness. His mother is a little savage compares to Tae's. But still he loves her to the moon and back but Tae's mother...he thinks he loves her already too.

The meeting went well with Beam and Nia clicked well instantly. They're now chatting like they have known each other forever.

"Are you sure you two haven't met before behind my back? You two surely are too comfortable with each other it makes me suspicious." Tae jokingly said remembering Beam's remarks about him and his mother having some pact behind his back before.