16 : Its Okay Not To Be Okay

Prae shifts her gaze to the source of the voice and huffed loudly, rolling her eyes in hatred.

"You hurt me here, and here!" Prae pointed at her head and heart with a painful expression.

"You scar me unknowingly with your ignorance and lack of love! Tee got that from my family, why can't you do the same? I'm like this today is all because of you!" Prae angrily said to Vee by dragging Tee along. She can help it, but envy Tee and Beam all her life. Those two got what she didn't from both families.

"I shelter you, make sure you eat and pay for your education. I can't afford to love you Prae because I know someday you will leave me. I need to ignore your existence and hate you but you're not helping with the constant sweet things you did. So I need you to hate me so it won't hurt too much when you leave me." Vee expresses her feelings even though it's late. She didn't hate her deliberately but because she has to.

Vee was in the room hearing all the commotion outside while having a war in her head of what's real and not. But seeing Prae again after a long time, everything comes back to her.

She blames her for Beam's death.

Prae is a swimmer. Beam loves her. Beam told her that morning, he wanted to surprise Prae at her swimming practice but later that day Vee received news saying her son drown in the pool instead.

"Stop that nonsense!! I would never forget what pain you cause me. Everything happened. Beam is dead. He was supposed to die too but God, why are you so lucky." Prae remarked pointing at Tee. Tee flinched when Prae mentioned the near-death accident that cost him the memories of his other family.

Tee's reaction didn't escape Prae eyes.

"You remember, didn't you? The accident? So did you tell everyone yet? I bet you did or they wouldn't corner me like this." Prae impeached, squinting her eyes at Beam.

"Prae...I..." Tee was trying to stop Prae from doing more damage to herself by telling the unnecessary to all the people inside the room.

"What?" Tae asked drifting his gaze from Prae to Beam suspiciously.

"It's nothing important Phi Tae." Tee muttered, avoided Tae gaze.

"Don't do this Prae. I beg you. They don't need to know. I forgive you. Please. I'm sorry you suffered living as me while I got all the love you are supposed to get. We can fix this. Give yourself a chance to be happy." Beam keeps begging and it seems to work a bit because Prae expression becomes softer than before.

"It's too late for me. You are kind, like my brother Beam. He's kind too. Too kind for my liking. He falls...no..he..." Prae mumbles staring blankly into space.

"Prae, please!!" Beam shouted.

"I throw the gift he wanted to give me in the pool and I guess he jumps in trying to retrieve it while I, walk away ignoring him. Like I always did. That stupid rat! How can he... Even death, he still dragging me along with him. What a joke?! I got hated enough by that woman and he, I curse the day he dies."

Loud gasps were echoing in the penthouse from Prae confessions. Vee cried in her husband embrace even though she knows what happens that day. Beam was found holding tight on the necklace he bought Prae when he was found in the pool. He used all his savings to buy her the gift to congratulate her on winning the sectional.

"Do you know I got bullied a lot because of him? His best friend spread rumours about me being the cause of his death. I was hit and abused by my schoolmates because of HIM!!! That's where I got my bruises from! You're busy mourning him you didn't even bother to care about me!!! Serve you right!" Prae tried hard not to cry while fixing her gaze to Tee.