21. Healing In The Embrace Of Love

"I—I have felt like that for as long as I can remember, Val. I'm sorry I'm broken," Max said, his voice trembling with emotion. Valentino's heart ached at hearing Max apologize for something he shouldn't have to. His eyes glistened with unshed tears as he looked at Max with a mixture of sadness and determination.

"Max," Valentino began, his voice cracking slightly, "I really care about you. Please don't hurt yourself. I seriously wouldn't know what to do with myself if you left this damn fucking earth. You literally mean so much to me, and I can't lose you! I... I love you, and you know that. If you don't, you do now. You're loved, you're cared for, and you'll be loved and cared for for the rest of your life. It shouldn't have to end now or ever." Valentino's words spilled out in a rush, his emotions raw and unfiltered.

Max's tears continued to fall, but a soft smile spread across his face despite his pain. He reached up and gently kissed Valentino's cheek. "I love you," he whispered, his voice barely above a breath.

"I love you too," Valentino responded, his own tears falling freely now as he pressed his lips to Max's forehead. He held Max tighter, trying to convey all the affection he felt.

"Cuddles?" Max asked softly, still wiping away his tears.

"Of course, my love. Anything for you," Valentino agreed, his voice filled with warmth and sincerity. He gently helped Max lie down on the couch, positioning himself carefully so as not to crush him. Valentino settled on top of Max, cradling him in his arms, and both of them felt a deep sense of comfort and belonging in that moment.

As they lay there, Valentino whispered, "It's okay to feel broken. You're allowed to feel how you do, but you're not alone in this. I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Max closed his eyes, feeling the weight of his worries lift, if only slightly. "Thank you," he murmured, the words barely escaping his lips. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Valentino pressed a soft kiss to Max's hair. "You don't have to know," he said gently. "Just know that I'm here, and I always will be. We'll face everything together, even the darkest moments."

For a while, they lay in silence, each lost in their own thoughts but comforted by the other's presence. The world outside seemed to fade away, leaving only the warmth and love they shared. In that cocoon of mutual support, everything felt a little bit more bearable.

Eventually, Max's breathing evened out as he drifted into a light sleep, and Valentino remained vigilant, holding him close. The feelings of despair didn't vanish entirely, but in this quiet moment, they found solace in each other's arms. Valentino knew that while the path ahead might be tough, their bond would help them navigate through it.

And for now, amidst the rain of emotions and the storm of thoughts, the two of them found a fleeting peace in the embrace of love.

Word counter: 516