14. A Haven Found

Max hadn't stopped crying the entire 40-minute drive back home. His sobs were relentless, shaking his body as he clung tightly to Valentino. Val, though unsure of their exact relationship status, knew he had to be there for Max. He let Max cry into his chest, his own heart aching to see the young man in such distress.

As they arrived, Valentino carried Max into the house, his steps heavy with concern. He made his way to their shared bedroom, gently laying Max on the bed. Max immediately wrapped his arms around Val, his grip tight and desperate.

"Baby, calm down, I'm right here," Val said softly, his voice barely above a whisper. He tried to comfort Max, his chuckle subdued to avoid startling him further.

"Stay," Max pleaded, his voice trembling as he pressed kisses along Val's neck. Val smirked at the touch but knew it was more than just a plea for physical closeness.

"You don't want to do that, pretty boy," Val teased gently. "Big mistake."

He carefully climbed on top of Max, allowing his body to provide a protective shield. He began to leave a trail of tender kisses down Max's face, moving to his shoulders and down his neck. Max made a soft squeaking sound, his mind momentarily escaping the haunting memories as Val's affection took over his thoughts.

Val broke the silence between their kisses. "Will you be my boyfriend?" he asked, his lips still brushing against Max's neck.

Max, his eyes brimming with both tears and relief, looked up at Val and smiled. "Yes, I will be your boyfriend." His voice was steady now, filled with newfound hope. He leaned in to kiss Val on the lips, their mouths meeting in a soft, reassuring kiss.

Val responded immediately, his hand moving around Max's waist to pull him closer. The kiss deepened, filled with the promise of solace and affection.

After a few moments, Val pulled back slightly, his eyes searching Max's face. "I'm not going anywhere," he said, his voice firm yet tender. "We're in this together."

Max nodded, wiping away the last of his tears. The weight of the day's events was still present, but the warmth of Val's embrace offered a sense of security he hadn't felt before. "I know," he whispered, resting his head against Val's chest. "Thank you for being here."

Val stroked Max's hair gently, his heart swelling with a mix of relief and affection. "We'll get through this," he promised. "One step at a time."

They stayed like that for a while, the world outside forgotten as they found comfort in each other. Max's breathing began to steady, the earlier panic gradually giving way to a fragile but growing sense of peace. In Valentino's arms, he felt a glimmer of hope for the future, a promise of something better amid the shadows of his past.

Word counter: 479