Chapter 5: New Recruits

Author's note: Hey I want to thank you guys for reading this fic, I hope you are enjoying it as much as I am.

On with the story~

No one's POV

It's been weeks since the "incident" between Calvin and Charles, and since then Charles and Henry's friendship has been strained.

Henry avoided Charles at all costs, same with Charles. It was like the friendship they'd formed when the Government kidnapped Henry to take the Toppat Clan just... evaporated into thin air. Much to Henry's horror and sadness, Calvin announced to the base that he and Charles were together.

The reactions from the base were...a mix batch per say, most people congratulated them however some were not too happy, to say the least. Rupert was angry at Calvin for kissing Charles while drunk, Konrad was also angry at Calvin but kept it hidden for his brother's sake. Galeforce, on the other hand, was ecstatic for sure but he figured he and Henry had feelings for each other.

Henry and Dominic kept in touch over the last few weeks, getting to know each other more. Dominic was an only child like Henry, they also both got High School diplomas but didn't go to college albeit for different reasons. Henry is reluctant to tell Dominic about his former criminal past, he's going to keep his past a secret from him.

One day, Henry was with Charles, Calvin, Rupert, and Konrad at Galeforce's tent. Henry was the first to arrive, then Rupert and Konrad. Rupert and Konrad noticed Henry's eyes had under bags and looked like he lost some weight making him skinnier than before. Rupert was about to talk to him until he saw Charles and Calvin walking holding hands.

Henry glanced at them and quickly dropped his head so as not to be noticed by them. Charles and Calvin were talking until Charles spotted Henry. He stopped smiling and Calvin quickly noticed and before he could ask what was wrong, Galefore cleared his throat and got everyone's attention.

"Now I asked you here because I have some big news to share," informed Galeforce.

"Permission to speak, Sir?" asked Konrad.

"You may, Konrad," replied Galeforce.

"What's the big news, Sir?" asked Konrad. Galeforce smiled and he stood up to walk to another part of the tent and lift the flap, he called out and came in two familiar people. Rupert's and Henry's eyes went big in surprise to see people they knew.

"We have two recruits, gentlemen," said Galeforce, The two recruits are Dave Panpa and Dominic Daemon.

"Boys, this is Dave Panpa and Dominic Daemon. They are our recruits and I want you to make them feel very welcome," informed Galeforce. Galeforce dismissed them and the whole group walked out of the tent. Rupert hugged Dave as soon as they were outside.

"Oi! Dave, what are you doing 'ere? I thought yer got a job as a security guard?" asked Rupert.

Dave shrugged, "I did but didn't work out." Rupert questioned him about that until he remembered the "incidents" Henry had caused to his coworkers.

"What made you decide to join the military, in the first place?" asked Rupert.

"I heard you were in the military so I decided if I want to help people like you do, might as well join the military," replied Dave. He had a determined look sporting his features, he messed up doing his job as a police officer cause he didn't check the package while Henry was in jail for breaking into the bank.

Charles noticed the newcomer already knew Rupert, he walked towards the duo to introduce himself to his new friend. Calvin followed him to also say hello to the newcomer, while they left Henry and Konrad alone with Dominic.