Chapter 10: Bad Romance

Author's note: I feel so horrible making Henry and Charles suffer but at the same time I feel so evil.

On with the show~

It's been weeks since Charles found out about Calvin and he feels like the world is coming down on him, he's been avoiding Calvin ever since. He noticed Henry had been avoiding him since he kissed him and had a full-blown make-out session. 

Charles sighed while he was holding some documents to give to the General. He walked towards the tent the General would be in until he bumped into someone making him drop the papers and the other person dropped on the ground.

Charles was about to say sorry to the other person when he saw who bumped into him, it was Henry. Henry was on the ground rubbing his face, he got up covering his left eye for some reason. Charles was about to say something until Henry dashed away from him, making Charles feel puzzled. 

Charles shook his head and continued walking to the General's tent, he got to the tent and went inside to see the General muttering something at the papers scattered across the table. He glanced up and smiled.

"Hey Charlie, got those documents?"

"Yes."

"Thanks, Charlie."

"You're welcome."

Galeforce dismissed him and Charles went out of the tent, Charles walked slowly keeping his hands in his pocket. He kept his head down, he was thinking about Calvin and Henry. Calvin lied to him about Henry and Henry was hiding something, Henry was covering his left eye like he had a...black eye.

That's impossible, he knew Dominic was an arrogant guy but he's not an abuser. Charles kept going over the situation in his head until he heard a voice, a voice he did not want to hear at the moment.

"Hey Charles!" shouted Calvin.

Charles turned to Calvin who was shouting and running towards him and he immediately put his hand up to stop Calvin which confused him. 

"OK Charles, what's wrong? You've been avoiding me for weeks now," said Calvin who sounded frustrated about Charles' distant attitude.

"What's wrong? You've lied to me about Henry!" bellowed Charles giving Calvin a cold, icy glare. 

Calvin took a couple of steps back from Charles, he had never seen him so angry before. He was also surprised by what Charles said about him. 

"I... didn't lie about him!" defended Calvin.

Calvin went to comfort Charles but Charles stopped him before he could get any farther, he shook his head in disgust. He can't believe he let himself get manipulated by Calvin of all people. 

"Oh yeah." spat Charles sarcastically, "Then why are you acting so defensive about it?" 

"I'm not! I did not lie about Henry!" snapped Calvin. 

Their argument was causing a scene, and a few soldiers came by to see what was all the commotion about. Rupert, Dave, and Konrad also heard the argument stopping by to make sure it didn't get worse.

"Cut the crap," grunted Charles angrily. He finally noticed the audience they had gathered around them, he spotted Rupert, Dave, and Konrad amidst the crowd.  

"You know what...we're through!" shouted Charles. 

Everyone was speechless including Calvin whose face was red in anger but quickly disappeared when Charles said the one thing you don't ever want to hear in a relationship. Calvin's eyes begin to blur as tears begin to slide down his face.

Without another word, Charles ran away from the crowd in an unknown direction. The crowd dispersed, leaving only Rupert, Dave, Konrad, and Calvin alone. Konrad walked up to his brother giving him a helpful pat on the back. 

"You deserved it, yer know." finally said Rupert who was giving Calvin a hard stare. The rest of the group stared at Rupert in shock, he just said it so bluntly but he's not wrong on the fact that Calvin deserved it.

Calvin wanted to argue but he knew Rupert was right, he manipulated Charles' feelings for his selfish gain. He didn't think about how Charles would feel in this, only himself. Now he had to face the consequences of his selfish actions. He made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

Calvin couldn't hold in his tears anymore and started bawling. Rupert shook his head and went to find Charles, Dave followed him leaving Konrad to comfort Calvin all by himself.

Meanwhile, Henry, went to the med bay to get his black eye treated. This is the third time this week Dominic has gotten violent with him, it's like walking on eggshells with him. He can be sweet and loving when's he not angry. 

He always apologizes to Henry and gives him gifts, he also says he will never do it again. Henry sighed as he went inside the med-bay, a few nurses and doctors were working on patients and other important stuff.

One of the nurses noticed Henry walked in with a black eye and immediately gave him treatment. The nurse asked him how he got the black eye, he lied saying he fell. The nurse felt silent after that just continuing treating him until the nurse was done.

Henry was allowed to leave but he had gotten a warning from the nurse to be careful, he exhaled slowly as he walked back to his apartment. He feels trapped and he doesn't know how to escape it...he feels helpless. 

When he first meets Dominic he seems kind, however, after he tells him about the kissing incident, his true colors surface. To the public, he was like the perfect boyfriend but at home, he was a monster. He nitpicks Henry about everything, his clothes, lifestyle, the way he eats, etc.

He got back inside the apartment and found that it was empty which meant Dom was out doing something. He breathes a sigh of relief and heads to his room to lie down to think about what has happened to him recently. 

He had feelings for Charles for a long time, he was planning to ask him at the bar but a quick call from his parents interrupted then discovered Calvin kissing Charles making him depressed. They've become an item making him feel like wanting to die, he met Dominic and thought he would be a new beginning. He's not...he's a nightmare.

He sat up put his face in his hands and cried. He feels so helpless and alone, who will save him?