Chapter 9: Toxic Love

Author's note: The drama is gonna get worse~

No one's POV

They got back to the base, faces still red from their encounter. They quickly walked to the General's tent where Rupert was already inside looking very irritated and confused about why they were red and late. General Galeforce also noticed the slight difference the boys were in but figured it was something else not important.

He cleared his throat to speak, "Well, where were you boys doing?"

Charles and Henry jumped at the question, they both looked at each other and then glanced down at the floor like it was interesting. Rupert studied the boys' movement while he was watching the scene with morbid curiosity. 

Something was off...they are hiding something and they are doing a horrible job of being subtle about it. They may be many things but being sneaky ain't one of them.

Rupert's POV 

Do they think we're idiots? Something happened between them earlier and I want to know what it is. Their faces are red as a tomato and their clothes seem a bit ruffled up... like if they were making out but that's bloody impossible considering both of them are taken. 

Unless...Oh bloody hell! Gosh darn it Charles... I knew he still had feelings for Henry. Dating Calvin didn't change that it only made it worse, how's he gonna tell Calvin? How's Henry gonna tell Dominic? I hope they don't plan to keep it a secret from them.

If they do keep it a secret, it's gonna be one bloody mess if the secret comes out.

No one's POV

The General nodded his head signaling to stop the awkward conversation, he informed them about some tasks and missions till he dismissed them. Charles, Henry, and Rupert walked out of the tent, Henry's phone beeped making Henry check what the notification was and it was Dominic.

Dominic wanted to see Henry and Henry texted yes, he waved goodbye to Charles and Rupert then ran off in an unknown direction. After Henry left, Rupert turned his head towards Charles with a cold glare. Charles froze under Rupert's glare while he tried to look anywhere but his face.

"What was that all about, Charles?" asked Rupert, still having the glare on his face. 

"Uh, what was what?" questioned Charles, trying to play dumb. 

"Don't try to play dumb, I know something is going between ya."

Charles was scrambling on how to stop himself from telling the secret, however, despite their agreement, the secret has to come out sooner or later.   

"So... Henry and I sorta...um," said Charles, making hand gestures trying to tell Rupert about the big secret.

"Sorta what?" questioned Rupert with an eyebrow raised and looking at Charles with suspicion.

"We...sorta kissed." finally said Charles bringing his head down in shame.

Rupert's eyes widened and his face became red in anger. His suspicions are confirmed, Charles and Henry did kiss. He mulled over the info until he heard Charles say something that made him more angrier.

"We also kinda had a...uh... make-out session."

"You. Did. What?" 

"Besides the kiss, we made out." 

"That's so much worse Charles!" bellowed Rupert, making a few soldiers around the area glance at them making them embarrassed. Rupert grabbed Charles by his arm and went to find a more secluded area.