Chapter 12 New Friends

On Friday Harry knocked the jar of newts' eyes they were using off the front desk as he had gone up to the front to collect the ingredients that Harry and Weasley would need for their potion. It wasn't like Weasley ever did any of the work Harry thought sourly. Why hadn't Harry seen what Weasley was like before? Then he remembered he was so shot up on potions that made him like Weasley that he would never be able to see clearly who Weasley really was.

'Potter!' snarled Snape. 'Do you delight in causing a scene everywhere you go or is it just in my classroom?' he demanded as the Slytherins sniggered.

Harry glared, 'it was an accident.'

'Regardless detention five o'clock my office,' Snape snapped.

They both knew that Harry wasn't in any trouble but they both had to keep up appearances until such a time when Dumbledore was gone and they were free to live and be who they were really. Both Harry Slytherin and Severus Snape were dark wizards who were believed to be Light.

Five o'clock came and Harry was only too glad to be free of Weasley and Granger. You knew it was bad when you began to look forward to detentions simply to get away from those who pretended to be your friends.

Snape opened the door and let Harry in without a word. Harry sat down on the chair provided for him. The two were silent for a minute until Snape suddenly went for a surprise attack on his defences. Harry was easily able to throw the man out of his mind.

'I take it you haven't sorted through all of your memories,' Snape said drily.

'Only up to seventeen months,' Harry replied.

Snape's eyes gave nothing away, 'I take it you know who killed Lily and James.'

'I'm sorry,' Harry said. 'I know you loved her.'

'She knew?' asked Severus.

'She and Dumbledore set it all up,' Harry replied, 'but he betrayed her in the end.'

'You can see it if you want,' Harry said.

'Legimens,' Snape said.

Harry felt Snape enter his mind. He brought the memory he wanted outside the protections so that both he and Severus Snape were back in the memory that had haunted him for so long. Harry sighed knowing it was going to be hard for both of them. Harry would see his dad's death again and Snape would see what a bitch the only girl he had ever loved had become.