17

1 hours Ago~

1 hours Ago~

"Taehyung, can you come with me and Jimin to check out my suit. It won't take more than an hour" Namjoon was on a call with Taehyung.

Taehyung had nothing better to do anyway, "okay, I'll be there in 30 minutes"

But somehow 30 minutes changed into 1 hour.

Present~

Taehyung parked in front of Namjoon's house and as he got down, his phone dinged, indicating he got a message from his friend. His eyes was focused on the screen. The door was already half open, so he just pushed it without looking up from his phone.

"sorry I'm late, we can go check your suit now--" He looked up.

He thought he was dreaming. It is not possible. No. Jungkook is definitely not standing in front of him with a smile on his face.

No it wasn't happening.

He just can't come back into his life.

"Hi Taehyung" Jungkook smiled wider.

"Jungkook is here for the wedding" Jin broke the tension.

"Oh cool, welcome" Taehyung managed to say and looked at Jimin, "it's already getting late we should go"

"Yes, we should" Namjoon stepped in. "We will be back in an hour" he looked at Jin and Jungkook.

"Ok bye, get some take out for all of us" Jin said.

"Okay bye love you"

"Love you too"

All the while Taehyung didn't look at Jungkook at all.

"I'll be back, we need to catch up" Jimin smiled at Jungkook and left the house with the other two men.

"Come I'll offer you some drink" Jin led Jungkook to the kitchen.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jungkook asked.

"What do you want me to say? If you had told you, you wouldn't have come" Jin said, his eyes focused on the drink he was pouring.

"I would have come," Jungkook protested.

"As if" Jin scoffed. Jungkook sensed an edge in his voice.

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? Really Jungkook !? I'm happy you are here, but what you did is completely stupid. How could you cut ties with all of us. We promised that we would always stay friends, and you go ahead and ghost us for 5 years. It hurt so much!!" Jin yelled.

"I'm sorry"

"Sorry? That's all you can say ! you weren't there when I needed you ! There must have been some times when you needed me and I wasn't there too...The minute I got engaged I wanted to call you and scream how excited I was, but you weren't there. I had to learn that you and Taehyung broke up from Jimin...what the hell Jungkook" Jin kept yelling, ignoring the tears streaming down his face.

"I know and I'm so sorry. I can't take back what I did, but I can try to be a better friend from now on. I'm really sorry" Jungkook spoke, he sounded so vulnerable.

"Okay. Atleast you are here now. I'm sorry too. I should have told you about Jimin and Taehyung when we spoke on the phone. I was selfish."

"It's okay...they have been dating for a month then?" Jungkook asked.

"yes..It was weird for me at first, to see him with Jimin, but guess I'm still getting used to it. To be honest, their relationship is nothing like what you guys had. They are more like best friends, but they are happy I guess. Jimin had a bad break up too..so you know..they are taking it very slow. I would say that you and Taehyung need to talk and work things out, whatever happened between you too...but I see both of you have moved on. Now at least try to be friends. Remember that you guys were best friends before you loved each other"

Jungkook nodded, "okay, I'll try"

Jin and Jungkook continued talking about their issues and worked it out, so that they could go back to what they were, without feeling awkward.

***************

Namjoon was in the trial room, checking his suit and Jimin and Taehyung were standing outside.

"Say something, you haven't uttered a single word" Jimin spoke.

"What do you want me to say?"

"You saw Jungkook, how do you feel?"

"What do you mean?" Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do you still have feelings for him? If so I would understand" Jimin said, his eyes focused on his shoes.

"Hey..it's nothing, okay. I have moved on. I love you now" Taehyung took Jimin's hand.

"Really? Can you try to get along with him? We don't want to make anything awkward for Jin and Namjoon. Jin wants us all together, at least try to be civil with him until the wedding"

Taehyung nodded, "did you know he was coming?"

"No. I met him just before you did..and I told him about us. He said he's moved on too...he's engaged" Jimin said, trying to see Taehyung's expression. Jimin loves Tae, he loves Jungkook too as a friend. If he had to keep them both in his life only by breaking up with Taehyung, he would do it. Cause, that's how much they both mean to him.

Taehyung looked away, "oh good for him."

"Are you really okay with all of this?" Jimin asked.

"I'm just a little surprised that's all..I'll get used to it" Taehyung smiled.

He hates that he makes Jimin feel insecure. He hates that Jungkook is back in his life stirring up emotions. He's not gonna lie, hearing that Jungkook is engaged did break his heart a little, but at least he knows that Jungkook is happy and he has moved on. 

***************************************************

They come back home 1.5 hour later with take out food.

"I'm so hungry..Jimin help set it up" Jin called Jimin to the kitchen, leaving Jungkook Taehyung and Namjoon alone in the living room.

"Hi" Jungkook waved at both of them.

Namjoon waved back and Taehyung nodded.

"Taehyung, can I talk to you outside for a minute?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung nodded and followed Jungkook outside the house.

"I just wanna clear out the tension. Get some closure, so we can happily enjoy this wedding" Jungkook said.

"Okay" Taehyung replied.

"Do you wanna ask me anything?"

"Why are you here? After all these years?" Taehyung asked.

"Jin's wedding. Remember when we promised that we will be at each other's wedding. I wanted to keep that promise, and also because I wanted him to come to my wedding too" Jungkook answered.

"I heard that you are engaged"

"Yes I am"

"Are you happy?"

"Yes"

"It's good that you have moved on and so have I. We can try to be friends right? At least until the wedding?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeah sure. I'm glad you feel the same way" Jungkook smiled.

"Okay, let's go inside," Taehyung smiled back.

That's the thing between Jungkook and Taehyung, no matter how bad they fight or hurt they are, they will always be comfortable around each other. They are best friends.