8. Lex

They all spend the night at the Green's and, after breakfast, everyone leaves except Hannah and Lex. Its a sunny day so they hang out in the garden. Hannah starts to jump on the trampoline and Lex is reminded of a certain summer day.

It was hot and, with little else to do and Ethan's family away for the week, Lex and Hannah stay over with Ethan and Lex in Ethan's room and Hannah in his stepsister Bella's. They lounge outside when Hannah opens the netting and begins to jump on the large trampoline. Laughing, she calls for Lex to come on.
"Come on Lexie! It'll be fun!"
Lex shrugs and heads for her sister, Ethan right behind her. They spend the day bouncing, only stopping for meals. After a while, Hannah is the only one with energy and, while she gets a drink, Ethan and Lex lie on the surface and sunbathe, in a warm, comfortable silence. Suddenly, Hannah shouts to play baked potato and Ethan, much to Lex's dismay, beats her up. In a fit of mock annoyance, she pulls her knees up into her chest and starts to crash to the floor as Ethan and Lex jump beside her. Without a care in the world, they bounce their worries away. The day was perfect.

"Lex come onto the trampoline!"
With a sigh, Lex realises that that happiness won't come back for a while.
"I can't, it's not good for the baby. You go on Em!"
With a smile, Ethan joins her and, as he falls, Hannah once more screams for baked potato. Ethan curls up and Lex cheers him on.
"Emerald! Emerald! Emerald! Wooo!"
Ethan finally 'breaks' and they switch turns. As Hannah bounces up and down, Lex sees the smile on her face. At least she's distracted from yesterday.