Chapter 1

Newt's Pov:
I was working in the gardens with Thomas and Zart, when I saw out of the corner of my eye Minho and Ben running out of the Maze. I started walking towards them.

"Hey guys! Did you find anything new out there?" I asked them. "Nothing special" Minho answered. "You know...only walls, walls, walls...and again walls, walls, wa-" "Got it Minho!" I cut him. "Now go get some rest" "Okay, okay..." he said.

They didn't manage to start running well, when a familiar sound erupted in the air, shaking the whole place. All the Gladers stopped what they were doing and turned their gazes to the box.

Me and Gally started running towards it.

That's why, the doors of the box closed yesterday. Wait! A new Greenie? Again? The last one came four days ago. Maybe the bloody creators decided not to let us die from shortage of supplies.

I ran as fast as I could, because my bloody limp was holding me back. I had this huge desire to open the box myself. I didn't even know why. I was very curious. I reached the box and Gally helped me to open the doors. I jumped in.

Now way!

"What the-?!" I said but I was cut by the others. "What do you see Newt?", "Hey Newt!", "What's in there?". "A girl" I said softly. Then silence.

She was laying on the box's floor. I leaned over the girl and removed a tuft of her hair that was covering her face. "Bloody Hell!" I whispered "She is beautiful". But then... "Is she dead?" I said unintentionally. I got her pulse. "She is not breathing" I said and looked at the others. I felt a knot in my neck and then I heard Tommy "What's that on her neck?". I took a closer look. "What is it Newt?" I heard Ben. I looked carefully.

What the bloody hell is that????!!!!

I opened and closed my eyes couple of times just to be sure... I didn't know what to say. "Um...I...um...scales!" I said finally. "Newt come on it's not the time-" "No! I'm serious!" I cut Minho. "They're like fish scales". "Look at her ankle" I heard someone. She was wearing shorts and also a croc top so it was easy to understand that there were scales AGAIN on her ankle. Then I saw her arm. The same mark was there. This time I touched it. "Ewwww...Newt what are you doing?" Minho said in disgust. I looked her body again very carefully and then I turned to the others. "She has this kind of scales on her ankle and her arm too. I'm 100% sure they are scales. When I touched them, it felt like I was touching a fish and they are wet. Although, the rest of her body is completely dry. This is really weird".
************************************
Author's note:

SOOOOO...WHAT DO YOU THINK? THIS IS A REALLY SMALL PART, I KNOW...THE UPCOMINGS ARE GOING TO BE BIGGER AND MORE...MAGICAL...IT'S GOING TO BE A HUUUUUUUGE BOOK, BUT I'LL TRY MY BEST AND TRUST ME THE STORYLINE IS UNPREDICTABLE...(I'M REALLY SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES YOU MIGHT NOTICE AND YOU'RE MORE THAN WELCOME TO CORRECT ME WITH A COMMENT NEXT TO THEM!).

~ALSO THIS IS A FUNFICTION STORY BASED ON THE MAZE RUNNER BOOKS BY JAMES DASHNER AND MOVIES BY WESS BALL. THE CREDITS TO THESE AMAZING PROFESSIONALS!~

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT, BECAUSE THIS IS JUST THE BEGGINING OF EVERYTHING...♡