Chapter 12

Thomas's Pov:
I was sitting with Minho, Chuck and Winston, when I saw Newt and Rikki approaching our table. "Hey guys! Wanna join us?". Newt gazed at Rikki with a smile. "Sure Tommy" he said, then sat down. As I watched him, I felt a sharp pain on my arm. I turned to my left and saw Minho looking at me with an "Are you serious?" look. "What?" I said. "Is it really necessary?" then I heard her. Newt rolled his eyes. He grabbed her by her arm and pulled her down. "If you do this one more time, I swear, you're going to watch your arm flying" she said and stabbed her food with a fork. Oh God. I took a quick look to my right. Chuck had stop eating. He was looking at her side. I had to do something before things get worse. "Hey Rikki" I said. She gazed me with cold eyes. "I-um...so I think that you still haven't meet these guys. So here's Minho" I turn to my left. They exchanged a wierd look. "The kee-" a kick on my feet cut me. Then I saw Newt staring at me...furious. "The what?" I heard her. "The...um..." I looked the others. "The keeper of the Slicers here, Winston" I said and showed him with my hand. Winston leaned forward, as Newt leaned backwards never breaking his gaze with mine. What was wrong with him? Since the new girl arrived, he's been acting really wierd. Winston made a movement with his head as a hi. Then he turned back to his food. Newt sat back in his original position, as the girl put her elbow on the table and rested her head on her fist. Then she gazed ones at me and then at Newt. I looked at her then back at Newt, who finally broke his creepy staring. I twisted my head to my right and put my hand on Chuck's shoulder. "And this is Chuck. He's like my little brother" I said with a smile. I can say that everyone smiled. Rikki too. She had a little smile on her face. I believe that if there's someone who can make your day and make you smile is Chuck. "I thought I was the youngest here" she said then. "You came second at this" Chuck sighed. "But really, I don't think you're that young. You're around Newt's and Thomas's age, maybe fifteen or sixteen?" he said with puppy eyes. I'm going to start melting. He might be right though. Maybe she looked young in the face, especially with those clothes and her hair in two plaits, but her body tells something different. "Hey  don't be like that. You're the most lucky around here. Trust me". Everyone turned and looked at her. "And why's that?" Minho suddenly said. "Because, he just won my trust" she smiled at Chuck. "What?" Minho and Winstom said at the same time, with a smirk. "Sometimes a smile is enough to understand the type of the person that you are" she looked at Minho. "He's just a kid. And look at yourselves. All of you smiled when Thomas said his name. You Thomas called him your little brother" then she turned and smiled at Chuck. "Chuck maybe you believe that you're one of the most destroyed children in the world. Maybe you're right. You really don't deserve anything of all this. Although you're really lucky. You have the warmest heart of all of us here. Don't let anyone freeze it" she smiled. "Thanks Rikki" Chuck said. Wow...she was right. Chuck was a hope for this place. But these guys, just wasted it. Now I think we have a second chance here.

Your Pov:
That little boy...it's wierd for me...it's too difficult to trust someone. But this boy...I don't know...he has something different...unlike that Asian bloody guy. It seems he hates me. He was staring at me with a wierd look. I turned my gaze to meet his but a cute voice cut me. "So...you're really a mermaid?" I looked the little boy across me. "I am" I sighed. Just control yourself Rikki. "And...you have a tail?" he continued. I looked around the other boys in the table. "I have", "So where's it?" I heard for the first time the boy next to Newt. "Why do you bloody care?". I didn't want to have a bucket of water over my head in the next moment. "How're we supposed to believe you if we don't see it?" the Asian guy said. "They're right love" then Newt said. What the hell was that? No one believed me. "The most real things, are those you can't see. You have to trust yourself if you want to believe" I gazed at everyone. "Whatever" I heard um...Winston? He shrugged, then got up, took his plate and left. Ofcourse he did. Yeah...I DON'T CARE! I heard Chuck. "What the-". I turned around and saw his water boiling. "Shit!" then Thomas. Minho had a full of surprise grin on his face. Then I felt a hand touching mine. I looked at it. My hand had become a fist! How?- Newt's hand was holding mine. Soon enough the water stopped boiling and I pulled my hand, grabbing it with the other and staring at the water, while I tried to calm myself down. Everyone was staring at me. Then a smile spread across Chuck's face. "Wow...that was amazing. You did this?". My eyes widen. I frowned. He was amazed? He wasn't afraid of me? "What else can you do?" he continued. I slowly smiled. "Chuck..." the Asian started. "That's not really a good ide-" I cut him as I stopped my fork with my powers infront of his face, inches away of his eye. "Woah Rikki...", "Woah, woah, woah..." Thomas and Newt- "Next time, I won't hesitate" I said and opened my hand to catch the fork as it came with force towards me. Chuck was looking frightened. I looked at him. "You're not really gonna do this...right?" he said. I smiled and leaned forward as I put my arms on the table. "Only if he really pisses me off" i whispered and winked. He smiled. "So what else can you do?" he continued. Ι looked around when my gaze fell on Gally. He was sitting on a table a little away from us. He was speaking and laughing with some other boys. Then I saw his glass. An idea popped in my mind. I nodded at everyone to look at him. Then hiding half of my palm behind my arm, I opened my palm, fingers next to each other - like I was stopping someone. Now Gally's drink was transformed into ice. Everyone at my table giggled and then... "What the hell?". We all turned around. Gally had take the glass with his hand and now it had stack because of the ice. Jesus. Gally started to shout and yell at the other boys, who looked incredibly confused. "You think that's funny? Who the hell did this? Shit!". He looked around. Everyone was laughing. "Fry, if that's one of your cooking voodoo, you're screwed up man!" he yelled. The cooker uelled from the other side. "Man, you need to calm down". I had to do something. It wasn't the right time for a fight. I focused on the freezed water. Then I turned my hand to the way it was and started closing my palm slowly. The ice started melting and eventually the glass slipped from Gally's hand and fell to the ground, sliced onto pieces. Now everyone was clapping, whistling and shouting. What could I do? I had warned him. No one messes with me!

Suddenly an extremely loud sound erupted in the place. Everyone stopped. A sound of dragging stone against stone. I turned around. What I saw was out of my imagination. That huge opening between the stone walls was opening. Like a big stone door. The walls were moving away from each other, allowing everything to pass through them. Even a cruise could. The sound was disturbing and annoying. Finally it stopped and everyone started talking again, while others were leaving. "That's my sing" the dark haired boy said and stood up. "Wait a bloody moment" I said, putting my hands on the table to help myself stand up. Everyone turned at me. "When the hell did those bloody things close?", "They close every night. So the Grievers won't come in" Chuck explained. I looked at him confused. "When exactly did they close yesterday?" I said slowly. Everyone looked at each other. "After...you almost burnt Gally alive and run in the forest" Minho said. I stared at him for a moment, challenging him. I wasn't proud of what I had done, but that guy was making me want to repeat my actions. "That time I was in the woods searching for you. We all heard it but didn't bother to look back. We're used to it" Newt added. "It's impossible not to hear this sucking buzz" then Chuck spoke. I looked at him. Then I stared at the table. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I swear I didn't hear a thing. That sound was really IMPOSSIBLE not to be heard. You could hear it from miles away. IMPOSSIBLE. Nothing's impossible. No, no. Maybe I was lost deeply in my thoughts. I can't explain it otherwise. "Love are you ok?" Newt's voice woke me up. I closed my eyes and opened them couple of times. "Yeah, yeah...I'm...fine" I said without meaning a word of what I said. "You're sure?" he insisted. Why is he doing this? "Yes! I'm fine Newt" I looked him with piercing eyes. He looked at me from top to toe. "If you are so, let's start working love" he nodded to follow him. "You too Tommy" he added. "I'll come in a minute" Thomas said and left with his plate. Minho had already left. "See you around Rikki" I heard Chuck. I smiled at him and followed Newt.

Newt's Pov:
I really didn't expect that. She was really...um...kinder than before. She likes Chuck. That was a HUGE surprise. As we made our way to the kitchen, I could hear Gally yelling at...Fry I think. Rikki was exactly next to me. "What's going on there?" she asked. "I don't want to disappoint you love, but I think your previous prank seems to ended up in a fight". The moment I finished her face had a different expression. Something like frustration and disillusionment. She seemed kind of nervous. Then she picked up her pace. What happened? What did I say? I ran after her. Before she made it to the kitchen, I grabbed her shoulder and twisted her her around. "Hey love. What happened?". She looked worried. She was looking everywhere else except from my eyes. "I-" she said. Then she finally focused on me. "It's my fault. I have to fix it". The moment she turned around, I saw Fry doing the same behind her. The next thing I heard was something slicing something else. Then I saw Fry with wide open mouth and eyes looking terrified at Rikki. As for her she let the plate fall of her hands and sliced on the ground. I took a step forward and what I saw was bloody terrifying. A knife had entered her belly. Fry had stubbed Rikki. She moved her hands on the knife, trying to breath. I had freaked out. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't move. I couldn't control any part of my body. I let my plate fall and sliced into pieces. Then I saw her eyes. Looking first into Fry's and then into mine. Then they closed as she started to fall. That was when I took the bloody control of my bugging body. Before she hit the ground, I caught her in my arms. "Love, stay with me. Please Rikki open you eyes!" I yelled desperate. "Oh my God. What did I do?!" Fry whispered. "Fry why the hell did you bloody do that????!!!!" I screamed. "Ask Gally! I was so...FURIOUS. I didn't see her. Tell me she's not dead", "What the hell happened?" then Gally came. He stood next to Frypan socked. "You did this?", "No, YOU DID!", "Oh Fry, you're serious?!", "Come on Gal", "SHUT THE HELL UP" I screamed again. "She needs help!!!" Gally yelled across me. The other shanks start gathering around us to see what was going on. "Medjacks! CLINT, JEFF. Where the hell are you?!" I was screaming. I was desolate. What had happened? She can't be dead. Not now. No, she CAN'T BLOODY BE DEAD!!! I felt tears burning my eyes. No, no, no, NO! "Don't leave me" I whispered in her ear. She can't...this can't be it. Alby came soon, then Jeff neeled next to Gally, above her. "What happened?" they both asked. "I stubbed her by mistake. I didn't want to hurt her I swear. I-I-I didn't. Just-", "Just do SOMETHING!" I yelled at Jeff. "She's dying!".