Slytherins :)

The Potatoes: Slytherin is the house for bad people. 

Aru: WHAT

The Potatoes: Yeah, you cant prove us wrong can you?

Aru: *DOES MATH* 

About 1000 students are at hogwarts at a given time, this means about 143 per year. Each house would have about 250 kids every seven years. After seven years the kids would be all new.

Hogwarts was founded in 990 AD which was 1031 years ago to 2021, or 1026 years from 2016, when the cursed child was released.

Divided by seven, there have been about 146.5 groups of 250 slytherins, though this math applies to every house. 146.5 multiplied by 250 is 36625. 

Meaning from the start of hogwarts to the cursed child release date there have been 36,625 Slytherins (though this still applies to any house). 

The wizarding wars from that timeline are fairly recent, starting in the early 1900's with Grindlewald, a dark wizard who was the predecessor of Voldemort. 

From 1900 to 2016 there have been 4,143 Slytherins (any house) out of those about half or 3/4 are pure blood centered. 

And maybe 2,000 of those followed Voldemort of Grindlewald. This leaves between 1 and 2 thousand Slytherins who wanted nothing to do with the dark arts, they were just sorted there because of their personality. 

Many more would be in that number if I did the math for the whole time hogwarts has existed. The numbers are not entirely accurate as a different number of slytherins are sorted every year, but I would like to think that this is an accurate estimate. 

Some notably good slytherins include Merlin, Leta Lestrange, Horace Slughorn, Severus Snape (depends), Albus Potter, Scorpious Malfoy and Salazar Slytherin. 

Salazar Slytherin did not create the house to be evil though. 

This proves that all Slytherins have gotten a bad reputation because of the some that went rouge, when many of them are and have been perfectly innocent, and included in an unfair steryotype. 

*Aiden and mini fist bump*

Mini: And thats how you get Aru Shah to research stuff and do math :)

Guys I actually researched, did the math and wrote all that on a google doc. I go a little bit insane at times but-

Well have a bootiful summer :)