Parties.

ADELINE
   I tug my dress down some and fluff my hair up. Me and the girls are walking to the party right now, the boys are gonna meet us there. Emmiline made me wear one of her tight dresses and I'm a little self conscious on how I look since this isn't something I would normally wear, but Mavis and Em say I look hot.

"Stop messing with your dress babe, you look amazing." Mavis says while puffing smoke out of her nose.

I huff and pick at my cuticles since I don't know what to do with my hands.

"You got another one of those? I cant survive a Luca Pragner party sober." Emmiline says looking at Mavis.

Mavis nods her head and pulls a rolled joint from behind her ear and hands it to Em.

We walk up the driveway of the Pragner house and see teens scattered all around the front yard. We walk up to the large front door and Mavis opens the door.

The Pragners are loaded.

As we walk into the house, loud thumping music immediately invades my ears. There's people dancing and drinking all around, it's so loud in here I can barley hear my own thoughts.

Mavis taps me and Em, getting our attention as she yells over the loud music.

"Hey! The boys told me their here! Come on!"

We follow her through the crowd and eventually make it to the living room where we see a drunk Rowan talking animatedly with a group of people, and Lio sitting on the couch with a girl under each arm.

Rowan spots us and smiles widely.

"Heyyy!! It's my most faaaaavorite girls in the world!! Adeline, you're looking great in that dress!" He slurs, hiccuping in between some words.

When Lio hears his loud friend he looks up, I can't really see his face since it's dark but I can tell he has a smirk on his face.

Lio taps the girls and a few words are exchanged, then both girls get up walking away, sending me and the girls glares as they walk past us.

He waves us over and I sit next to him and Emmiline sits on his other side.

"You are such a pig!" Em yells once she's seated. Lio scoffs and takes a sip of his beer.

"Whatever."

Emmy just rolls her eyes at him while smacking his arm, continuing to scold him.

I tune them out as I scan my eyes across the room.

I continue looking around, trying to find anything interesting. I like people watching.

As I'm scanning the room I see a man.

He looks old, very out of place considering this is a high school party.

I lock eyes with him and immediately freeze.

It's him.

I stare at him with wide eyes, my breathing getting quicker.

The man smirks, and just as he lifts his hand to wave at me Mavis comes into my line of view.

"Hellooo!? Ads, I've been calling your name for like 10 minutes!" She says slightly annoyed.

I look at her and she frowns at the look on my face, "hey hey hey, what's wrong?" She leans down next to me, "why are you crying, what happened?"

When Lio hears this his head snaps over to me, his eyebrows furrowed.

"What's wrong Adeline?" He ask sternly.

"He's here. T-the man from the lake, he's here!" I whisper scared.

When they hear my words their eyes widen and they both stand up and look around the room quickly. I look to the spot where he was standing and see no one there.

"Are you sure you saw him? It could've been anyone." Lio asks me.

I pinch my eyes shut and nod my head, it probably was nothing.

"Yeah yeah, no you're right. I'm sorry I haven't gotten any sleep so, I could be seeing things."

"What do you mean you haven't gotten any sleep?" Lio ask looking at me with his eyes furrowed.

"I was freaked out about the other night and I couldn't sleep much but I'm fine."

His face looks like he's arguing with himself, it goes on for a minute until he nods.

"Ok." He says before getting up and walking off, disappearing in the crowd.

That was weird.

I look at Mavis and widen my eyes for a second while blowing a quick breath out.

"Im going to get a drink!" I yell over the music.

She nods and continues bopping her head slightly to the music.

Tonight is gonna be a long night.

A/n: hey so I kinda deleted this app but now I'm back 😋