Transparent by CzaPed

NOTE: This one-shot was written by my partner, Czaryna. Unfortunately, she doesn't have wattpad account so I asked her if I can publish it here, on her behalf. I hope you enjoy her masterpiece. Thank you so much!

[One-shot written by Czaryna]

Czary's Note: Hello guys. Here is a one-shot story that I wrote a while ago.

This is my take on Episode 19 **** Right after Vin, Chayoung and the rest of the Geumga Family fended off Kim Seuk-U's men and they were celebrating their little victory at Arno's.

Hope you enjoy it. Anyway, Thank you.

**

It was the 5th bottle.

Hong Cha Young had discretely noted how many bottles of Terra Beer her partner had already consumed before Vincenzo Cassano started acting 'lose.'

It was understandable for them to be drinking, together with the tenants of Geumga Plaza. The night calls for it. After all, they were in a celebratory mood. Just a few hours ago, Kim Seok-U's men barged into Geumga Plaza, taking the Nanyak Temple monks into hostage, together with an already battered Mr. Cho, the former owner of the building and covert former NIS agent, and Seo Miri, who was a piano teacher and a hacker/security programmer in her past. Unbeknownst to the rest of the tenants, these four, together with Jipuragi Paralegal Mr. Nam, Lawyer Hong Cha-young and the gold's rightful owner Vincenzo Cassano hold varying key information to the location of the gold and a very lucrative 'file' that holds so much leverage against anyone in power. Both the gold and Guillotine file lay hidden securely underneath Geumga Plaza until it was time to move them OUT.

Opening the vault in the basement, and finding it empty rages Kim Seuk-U. His greed had to be satisfied and these people in Geumga Plaza must spill the truth out, or else he'd force them by any means necessary.

With some luck, though, Seo Miri breaks away and makes a run for it until she reaches the 3rd level of the building where businesses of the tenants occupy. Her cries for help went almost futile as the tenants were already settled in their living quarters on the upper levels. Fortunately, Miri was heard by Lawyer Hong Chayoung and her paralegal, Mr. Nam whose Jipuragi law office occupy the same floor.

Hong Chayoung tried stopping Kim Seuk-U's henchmen who caught up with Seo Miri. If it were a different time, Hong Chayoung wouldn't be facing these men alone, but such was the case, as just hours ago, her partner, Mafia Lawyer Vincenzo Cassano had to fly out to Italy. She had sent him to the airport herself and the send off was an inner emotional wreck.

Both she and Vincenzo were hiding in facades you could only describe as 'trying hard to look okay.' It was obvious to both of them yet neither of the two dared to address the 'elephant in the room.' And so Vincenzo boarded his flight while Chayoung drove back to Geumga Plaza. Her usual 'knight' has left, and won't be coming back until two weeks after. Chayoung would be damned if she won't try to fend these men off. She was ready to protect Seo Miri from her captors and hold her ground, with Vincenzo or not. Her steady defiance and false bravado provokes Seuk-U even more. He commands a henchman to give her what she's asking for: a hand pulls her hair hard, followed by an impending strike to her face. Chayoung could only scream, praying she and Seo Miri would come out of this alive.

**

The following events after Chayoung's encounter with Kim Seuk-U and his men were a blur. It was almost surreal with Vincenzo suddenly appearing, single-handedly fending off the first wave of goons in an almost cinematic street-like brawl. One after another, Vincenzo outsmarts the punches and paddle hits, but soon, his luck runs out. So much for finishing them off in 5 minutes he so cockingly said earlier. And as if on cue, the tenants finally came and took over. Every henchman was taken down, as the tenants finally unleashed their hidden fighting skills. Chayoung, Vincenzo, Miri and Mr. Nam all had to let them finish the job. And so, the Geumga Family won. One point for Geumga, corrupt official none.