twenty seven

I swear I've just sat down as Neville comes running into my office. "We have to go."

"Neville? Go? Go where?" I question.

"I can't say. I'll explain on the way," Neville tells me.

I follow him out of my office. Out of the school and into the tunnel that was created after the secret passages were closed off at the beginning of the school term. It leads to the portrait of Ariana Dumbledore that leads into the Hog's Head Inn. Neville explains everything as promised. The battle for our lives is about to begin.

The portrait opens and standing there is Maddie, Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Mum?" Maddie looks surprised. "Neville?"

"Neville! Wow you look..." Harry starts.

"Like hell, I reckon. But this is nothing. Seamus is worse," Neville tells them.

"Hey, Ab! We've got a couple more coming through," I tell Aberforth.

Neville and I lead the trio back into the tunnel.

"Don't remember this on the Marauder's Map," Ron comments.

"That's because it never existed till now," I tell him.

"The seven secret passages were sealed off, before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out, now," Neville explains.

"The grounds are crawled with Death Eaters and Dementors," I state.

"How bad is it with Snape as Headmaster?" Hermione asks.

"Hardly ever seen. It's the Carrows you need to watch out for," Neville warns.

"Carrows?" Harry asks.

"Yeah. Brother and sister. Incharge of discipline." Neville points to the bruise on his face. "They like punishment, the Carrows."

"They did that to you? Why?" Maddie asks.

"Today's Dark Arts lesson was practicing the Cruciatus curse. On first years. I refused," Neville explains. "Hogwarts has changed."

I stop in front of the door that leads into the room of Requirement. It's where most of the non-slytherin students have been staying trying to keep away from the Carrows or anyone else who wants to mess with them.

"Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?" I open the door.

"Hey, listen up you lot! I brought you a surprise," Neville shouts.

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking I hope," Seamus remarks. "We'll be surprised if we can digest it."

Neville and I step to the side revealing Harry.

Seamus stands up. "Blimey!"

Everyone starts to clap for Harry.

"Harry!"

Everyone surrounds Harry. Hugging him. And cheering for his return.

I lean over to whisper to Nigel, "Get the word out to Remus and the others, that Harry is back." Nigel takes off. "Okay, okay! Let's not kill him before You-Know-Who does."

I can hear Nigel speaking into the radio, "...Do you read? we've a new weather report. Lightning has struck. I repeat: Lightning has struck."

"What's the plan, Harry?" Neville questions.

"Okay. There's something we need to find. Something hidden here, in the castle. And it may help us to defeat You-Know-Who," Harry tells us.

"Alright, what is it?" Neville asks.