nineteen

Ginny and I are walking down the corridor on the train. Ginny is carrying her new pygmy puff, Arnold.

I smile slightly. "I do love your pygmy puff," I tell Ginny.

"You should get one. Could keep you company when Bill can't," Ginny offers.

I stop and give her a look. "Is Arnold there to keep you company when Dean Thomas can't?"

"Dean and I are..." Ginny trails off.

"Dean and you are?" I ask.

We're interrupted by Luna. "Quibbler! Quibbler." She stops in front of Ginny looking at Arnold. "He's lovely. They've been known to sing at Boxing Day, you know? Quibbler?"

"Oh, yes please," I tell her. I take the Quibbler looking over the front page. "What's a Wrackspurt?"

"Invisible creatures, they fly in your ears and make your brain go fuzzy," Luna tells me. She keeps on down the corridor. "Quibbler!"

"I wish I could be as carefree as Luna. I do so admire her," I admit.

Ginny gives me a look. "All of your stories about your time as a student are just you breaking rules with your friends."

I smile slightly. "Well I'm not a student anymore am I Ginny?"

I spot a compartment with only Neville seated inside. I smile as I slide the door open.

"Mind if we join you Mr Longbottom?" I ask.

Neville shakes his head. "Not at all."

Ginny and I sit down opposite Neville.

"How was your holiday, Neville?" Ginny asks.

After arriving in Hogsmeade I stick with Ginny and Neville. When we get to the gates of the school you can feel a shift in energy. Everything is different from every other year I've spent here.

Professor Flitwick is there to greet all of the students. "Right... Names?"

I give him a look. "You've known me for how long?"

"No exceptions, Professor," Flitwick tells me.

I sigh. "Annalise Donovan."

"Ginny Weasley," she tells him.

"Neville Longbottom," he states.

Professor Flitwick nods. "Your belongings are waiting just over there."

I watch as Filch goes through everyone's bags. I spot Hermione and Ron walking through the gates. Harry and Maddie aren't with him.

"Where are Maddie and Harry?" I ask.

"I don't know," Hermione tells me. "Harry got up for air when we were on the train but I haven't seen him since."

"Maddie said she was going to find him," Ron adds.

I nod my head. "You lot can head up to the castle. I've got a daughter to find."

They all nod before heading off. I walk back over to Flitwick. "Has my daughter or Harry Potter shown up yet?"

Flitwick looks over his list. "No. Not yet."

I look around curiously. Maddie and Harry better be in trouble if they're taking this long.

Draco shows up next. He's all by himself and I can't help but find it odd.

"Name?" Flitwick asks.

"Draco Malfoy," he states.

Professor Flitwick nods. "Your belongings are waiting just over there."