DELIRIUM

CONSTANTINE'S VINYL RECORDS: Armstrongs — Justin Hurwitz

"You and your nightly visitors," Constantine grumbled as he brooded by the fireplace. The trio gathered in the parlor, silhouettes blazing in the warm golden glow of flames. The room itself was a relic, filled with antique furniture and shelves of ancient tomes. One wall remained a contradiction, presenting row upon colorful rows of vinyl records. Somewhere, one of the many albums was softly playing.

"Nightly visitors?" Superman repeated.

"Don't listen to him—tipsy is his natural state," Raven peered at her stoic-posing friend over a cup of tea. Before she took a sip, Constantine whipped out three sugar packets and tossed them to her.

"Tipsy? You underestimate me."

"I was trying to be nicer about your alcoholism. Oh, I also made dinner. Sort of. It's in the fridge."

"Take out?" Constantine asked. Raven nodded.

"Cheers, mate. I'll be back," Superman's eyes followed the blond as he left.

"What exactly is the...nature of your relationship?" Superman inquired, an eyebrow rising as Raven emptied all three sugar packets into her steaming mug.

"He's a friend." Raven answered.

"Are you his apprentice, or...?"

"No." The response came out quick and harsher than she intended. It was a common conclusion that others came to. But that implied an obligation on his part to her, and her to him. Raven was nothing to John Constantine. She added, "It's not like that...I'm just...around. You know, for the entertainment value and whatnot."

"Ah." Superman looked down at his own beverage before taking a tentative sip. Raven's head tipped to the side as she studied him. It seemed like he was the Superman—she couldn't sense any hostile intent. He didn't act like a mind-controlled marionette or a clone. Raven was surprised at how overwhelmingly...massive he was. Sure, there were tumblr blogs and reddit posts boasting about the muscle mass of Superman. In person, however, his bicep looked roughly the size of her head. She was afraid to take off her shoes and increase the height difference between them.

"So, when exactly did that happen...?"

"How about you answer some of my questions first, if that's okay?" Raven crossed her arms. "We've never met before. I haven't come across any extraterrestrial activity—" except for introducing Kory to X-Files, "—Constantine is a founding member of the mystical-fighting branch of the Justice League, yet he hasn't heard from them in months. I guess what I'm saying is...why are you here, Superman?"

"You're right—oh, it's Clark, by the way. Clark Kent." He replied, setting down his mug. "Also, it's...difficult to explain."

"I think I can keep up."

The aroma of reheated chinese food invaded the room as Constantine returned with chopsticks in hand. Raven didn't see why he would have any reason to linger, except for curiosity or his own amusement. She could sense his hunger though, confirmed a second later by his grumbling stomach.

"Did I miss anything? Don't mind me, keep going, love."

Clark glanced at Raven, almost like a silent question as to whether he should continue. Raven shrugged; she trusted him enough. Not completely, but enough.

"Actually, it may be good for you to hear this...it concerns you too, I think," Clark said softly. The fireplace crackled as if the flames were shushing one another with anticipation.

"Lately, I've been seeing things. Flashes...things feel familiar, but I know for sure I've never interacted with them before."

Raven glanced at Constantine. Reincarnation came to mind, but Raven pocketed the theory and kept listening.