TRUTH

"Oh! Is that the new member?" Kory shot up from the couch and floated over to Conner's side. "We're so happy that you're joining us, Kon-el. I'm Kory, this is Dick."

"Woah woah woah, wait; new member?" Jaime and Gar exchanged glances.

"Clark came by earlier and we talked it over. We're glad you came, Conner," Dick clapped a hand on Conner's shoulder.

"Thanks, man," Conner's steel grey eyes lingered on the banner tacked to the walls. Something about his eyes stood out to Raven; he had so many characteristics of Clark, aside from the eyes. They weren't the same overwhelming blue. Or was it a trick-of-the-light sort of thing?

"Who's Raven?" Conner asked.

"That's me. Hi," Raven offered him her hand, "I guess we're both new, kind of."

Conner grasped her hand in a tight grip, but not an uncomfortable one. He flashed her a kind, innocent smile, "Sorry for crashing your party."

"Don't apologize. I don't mind." But if he had given her just thirty more seconds with Victor...

"Bats is gonna be so pissed," Victor muttered through closed teeth.

"What does father have to do with this?" Damian's eyes narrowed.

"Long story...Supes is in trouble," Victor's voice took on a sing-song quality.

"Vic, I have advanced hearing." Clark crossed his arms.

"Good. You could use a warning..."

Raven studied Conner and Clark, and realized the pair hadn't looked at each other since they entered the room. Clark was more stiff than the last few times she had seen him. Even without her empathic powers, it was evident that something was off between the two of them.

Conner noticed Titus glued to Damian's side. He crouched down and presented a hand to the great dane. In minutes Titus was rubbing his nose up against him, tail wagging enthusiastically.

"Nice dog."

"Thanks," Damian answered, kneeling to join them.

"I think we'll get along just fine." Conner replied.

"How very optimistic of you."

—>*<—

The morning after the party, Raven stood before the door to Damian's room, hand poised to knock. He had to know. He deserved to know. Raven refused to keep anything from him.

The door opened before her, her fist still hovering in midair. Raven lowered it slowly as she met Damian's gaze.

"Hi."

"Hey. I could see your shadow underneath the door. What's wrong?"

Curt and to the point; that was Damian. Raven squared her shoulders, mentally preparing herself for whatever reaction she would be met with. "We need to talk. Can I come in?"

Without a word, Damian wedged the door open wider. The scent of incense hit Raven like a wave as she entered. He must've been meditating this morning; something else she'd introduced to Damian.

The walls gleamed with rows of katanas, blades of white bathed in rays of the San Francisco sun. A dog bed and some squeaky toys were nestled in the corner for Titus. Damian still preferred a mat over a mattress, and a stuffed penguin sat in the center of the well-made bed; another token from their visit to the Gotham fair.

"Have you eaten yet today?" Damian asked as she leaned against the desk where his Wayne-brand laptop sat idle.

"Yes. Still recovering from yesterday's sugar crash, you?"