7 Years Ago

7 years ago

October 3, 2007

6:27 PM

I woke up to the sound of beeping. Even before I can open my eyes I knew that I wasn’t in my room because one, it didn’t have that homey feel and two, I didn’t feel Emily’s warmth right next to me.

Emily

With her in my mind, I shot straight up and open my eyes so fast it left me feeling dizzy. I looked around and noticed I was in a familiar room; the walls were painted a deep blue with sky blue vertical stripes. The bed was a four poster king bed with white sheets and beddings with matching pillows, and was pushed against the wall in the middle of the room. In front of the bed, on top of a mahogany table was a flat screen, on the right of the television was a mini living room, complete with couches and a glass topped coffee table, while on the left was a mahogany desk and two bookshelves loaded with books. It was then I realized I was in my old bedroom back at home.

I was so used to the room I shared with Emily back at Brook Falls that I forgot what my old room looked like.

Emily

Thinking about her brought me back to my earlier thought. Where was she? Why wasn’t she here?

Emily was not only my girlfriend, but also the love of my life and I’m so excited to include fiancé and wife to the list.

You see, mine and Emily’s parents were high school best friends back in their hometown of River Oak, then when we were born, me and Emily were raised together. But then my parents had to move toSun Valleywhich was a town over. Even though they were a town apart they still drove over to see each other every weekend, so me and Emily still grew up together, which caused me to develop a huge crush on Emily. I used to look forward to seeing her in the weekend so much I practically wait on our driveway for them when they come to our house or urge my dad to drive faster when we would go to their house. We would always have fun together, we would always laugh at each others jokes no matter how corny they are, we would call each other when we were away, we would spend the whole day together, even finishing ones sentences sometimes; we did all that and more, that is until we reached puberty. Since we were starting middle school and we lived far away we slowly drifted apart. Sometimes I wouldn’t go with my parents because I was hanging out with some friends and sometimes Emily can’t come because she was busy at school. All that gap between our bond grew until it was a giant canyon and we stopped going to each others houses, we stopped talking o the phone, just stopped communicating. That is until our high school years when our parents decided to throw us together at the same house and at the same school, all conveniently located at the middle of both towns, which was Brook Falls. At first we avoided each other because even though we were still freshmen I was a player and Mr. Popular, while she was a nerd and Ms. Future Valedictorian. It all worked out great, she avoided me, I avoided her, that was until fate and karma started working together. Because we both lived in the same town, in the same house, go to the same school, our childhood bond, slowly started to grow along with my childhood crush. At first I pushed it down to the very back of my mind, but it went to the point where it was so unbearable and so strong that I had to act on it, so one night when we were starting our sophomore year, I decided to ask her out. Our first date went so well I asked her out again and again and again, until we became official.

At first I was nervous of everyone’s reaction because I was the new co captain of the football team, but I was so surprised when everyone congratulated and told us how we were a “cute couple”, even the school sluts who were pinning for me before came to us and practically gushed how adorable we were together, I was quite shocked to say the least. From then on we have been together. We have been together for each other, from me winning championship and being voted as team captain during our junior year, to her winning the State Young Genius Award and earning a spot in the front page of the newspaper, until our graduation where we celebrated by making love for the first time, I mean even though I was a player before I was still a virgin because I was hoping that my first time would be with my true love, girl I know but that was what I believed in.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door opening.

“Emily?” I asked, hope showing through my voice.

“No dear it’s me.” My mom replied making her way in the room after closing the door behind her. My mom was pretty for her age, she had light brown hair, slightly tanned skin, green eyes, and a constant smile on her face.

“Oh. Where’s Emy?”

My mom frowned and tears filled her eyes making me suddenly nervous and my heart pound.

“David, Emily she’s…”