Thirteen

"Who wrote those articles?" Seonghwa crosses his arms over his chest as he confronts his father. "Was it you? Did you ask them to write them?"

"What are you talking about?" His father smirks. "Why are you mad? You know you have to marry him, so why shouldn't there be articles about your future engagement?"

"We barely even started dating. I know you told me I have to marry him, but it's not like I can force him. He probably doesn't like me so we should leave him alone." Seonghwa tells him, earning a slap in the face from his father.

"You better not back out, Park Seonghwa! Marrying him isn't a choice, it's something you must do! If he doesn't like you, make him fall in love with you, you useless jerk!" He slaps him again, making him fall to the ground.

Seonghwa holds his cheek as his eyes fill with anger. "Okay, father. I understand." He slowly stands up and walks out of his fathers office.

Since it's time for him to get out of work, he gets his things and makes his way out of the building.

"I really need to meet up with Yeosang right now." He mumbles to himself.

When he walks out of the building, he's about to text him, but to his surprise, he sees Yeosang right in front of the building.

"Yeosang?" A smile immediately forms on Seonghwa's lips. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh... I just came to talk to you." Hongjoong tells him.

He's not sure if Seonghwa has checked the news yet or not, but he assumes more articles will be released soon. Articles in which Yeosang's real face will be shown.

And he doesn't want Seonghwa to find out that way. It's better if he just tells him the truth.

"Talk about what?"

"Well, I-"

"Why don't we go to the coffee shop nearby?" Seonghwa suggests and Hongjoong nods.

Once they get to the coffee shop, they order their drinks and Hongjoong just looks down the whole time.

"Is something wrong?" Seonghwa asks him. "If it's because of the articles, I'm really sorry." He sighs. "I'm really surprised too."

Hongjoong finally looks up at Seonghwa and gasps when he sees the bruise on his face. "Are you okay? What happened?" He asks worriedly, taking a closer look at the bruise.

"I'm okay, don't worry." He fakes a smile.

"W-was it your dad?"

"Huh?"

"Did he hit you?" Hongjoong asks sadly. "You had told me he was a scary man but I didn't think it was this bad."

"Don't worry about it." Seonghwa gives him a small genuine smile, happy he cares about him. "About the articles... I'm sorry. I know we just started dating and engagement isn't something we've discussed at all. To be honest, my father had those articles written. He wants me to marry you so both companies can merge and he can get more power." He sighs. "He'd probably kill me if he found out I'm telling you this. He told me to make you fall in love with me because I have to marry you no matter what. But I couldn't do that to you."

"There's actually something important I have to tell you." Hongjoong sighs, not knowing how to start.

"Something important?" Seonghwa asks, confused. "What is it?" He rests his chin in his hands, waiting for him to continue.

"Never mind." Hongjoong shakes his head, not being able to tell him.

He knows Seonghwa's going to find out eventually, but he's not sure how to tell him. He doesn't want him to hate him for lying about who he is.

He also doesn't want to find out how he'll react when he finds out he's poor.

"Well... I do have something to say." Seonghwa tells him. "To be honest..." He takes a deep breath. "I like you."

'This is not good.' Hongjoong thinks to himself as he feels his heart flutter. 'This is really not good.'

"I know it might be really surprising for you. Trust me, I'm really surprised as well. I actually hadn't felt this way since I broke up with my ex. It really does surprise me since we met not too long ago and I'm already feeling this way, but I can't help it. I really like you."

Hongjoong looks down at his cup of coffee, not knowing what to say. This wasn't supposed to happen. He was supposed to go on one date with Seonghwa and get rejected right away. How did Seonghwa end up falling in love with him after all his attempts to get rejected?

And why did Hongjoong's heart flutter when he heard Seonghwa say those words?

"I-I don't know what to say." Hongjoong says honestly.

"That's okay." Seonghwa gives him a soft smile. "I didn't expect you to tell me you like me too. I just wanted to get this off my chest."

Hongjoong finally looks up at Seonghwa. He sees the bruise on his cheek, the soft smile on his lips, and the necklace he made, still around his neck.

-

Seonghwa had walked Hongjoong home.

Well... to Yeosang's house.

"Well, we're here." Hongjoong tells him, trying to get out of here as soon as possible.

If someone were to see them here, it'd only cause trouble.

"Yeah... well, have a good day." Seonghwa gives him a smile. Hongjoong nods and is about to walk into Yeosang's house, but Seonghwa stops him. "Wait..."

Hongjoong turns around, confused as to what Seonghwa wants to say.

"I know that the last time you saw me, you made it clear you didn't want to see me anymore." Seonghwa tells him. "But is there a way you could give me another chance?"

"I-" Hongjoong starts, not knowing what to say. He thinks for a while and finally answers. "I'll give you an answer tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, there's something I have to do first, so I'll let you know tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay." A big smile forms on Seonghwa's lips. "Then I'll call you at exactly 12 am."

"Not that early." Hongjoong playfully hits his arm and smiles. "I'll call you."

"Okay." Seonghwa nods, the smile not leaving his lips.

By the way he's telling him this, it seems like he likes him too, so it makes Seonghwa have hope.

"Now go home. I'm already here." Hongjoong tells him since he's still standing there.

"Can I... give you a hug?" Seonghwa asks shyly.

Without hesitating, Hongjoong pulls him in for a hug, wrapping his arms around him. Seonghwa feels his face heat up and hugs him back.

Once they pull away from the hug, Seonghwa waves at him as it looks like Hongjoong's about to walk into his house.

But Hongjoong rushes back to Seonghwa and kisses his cheek before pretending to go into Yeosang's house while he waits for Seonghwa to leave.