one

CHAPTER 1
[ 7150 words ]

"EVERYTHING CHANGES WHEN YOU BECOME a mother" that's what meredith holland told her 19-year old daughter who was pretty close to giving up a mere three months before the birth of her own daughter.

"everything you do is for that child, every decision you make will involve them. it's time consuming, stressful. it makes you want to pull all your hair out and scream"

"but it's also rewarding. you look at your kid, and you just want to protect from the world. you look at your kid, and you see what you've made and you smile. your heart sings at every little thing they do. and watching them grow up? is the best and worst thing about being a mother."

"lauren, when you hold your baby girl in your arms, all this pain? all this pain is going to be worth it"

and lauren couldn't agree more because the moment she held violet in her arms. everything she did in her life was to keep her baby girl safe, healthy, and happy even without her (violet's) father.

they were doing relatively alright, lauren figured this was how it would be for the rest of her life. her and violet. maybe someone else could come along, maybe someone else wouldn't. and that was okay.

but the return of particular actor was about to turn her life upside down once again.

exhaling sharply, lauren stepped out of her car with an iced coffee in one hand and her work bag in the other. she trotted into the studio in a hurry, fully knowing that her boss was probably going to kill her for being late, on her first day on the job

she barged into the conference room, trying her best to disregard her coworkers annoyed stares as she scrambled to the empty chair next to beth, the blonde clicked her tongue and leaned towards lauren, whispering

"late on the first day? are you trying to get yourself killed?"

"violet didn't wanna go to school today, i had to bribe her with a trip to the toy store after work to get her out of the car" lauren replied, placing a hand over her chest as she tried to catch her breath, setting her bag on the floor and the iced coffee on the round table.

"so nice of you to join us ms. holland" said her boss, pressing her lips into a thin line before shaking her head in disappointment

"this better be the last time you arrive late"

"yes yes. so sorry" lauren mumbled, lowering her head as she pulled out the documents they needed from her bag.

what exactly did she do? well she went to film school in college not what she expected but something gravitated her towards it when she took her gap year. so she was a writer like had always dreamed, but instead of writing novels she was writing for tv shows, and movies. she was just starting, she was no shonda rhimes yet but this was enough to get her and violet by.

she set the novel thing aside for awhile, though she was working on one right now publishing was hard. she figured she could turn her ideas into shows or movies if she ever actually fell in love with screenwriting.