01 : 𝖠𝗋𝗂𝗌𝗍𝗈𝖼𝗋𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝖯𝗋𝗂𝗏𝗂𝗅𝖾𝗀𝖾

[🏯]

[Y/N's POV]

Click. Clack.

Click. Clack.

Click. Clack.

Click. Clack.

Hooves against the rough soil were rhythm to my ears as I calmly sat inside the carriage. From the scenery of the busy village shifted a quiet, grand palace in front of me. I fumbled with the hem of my robes. I felt nervous. I've never been inside that place before. Thousands of thoughts imploded in my mind.

"Your Grace," my maid tapped my lap. "Are you alright?"

"Yes.. I'm just.." I stifled a smile. "..anxious."

"Is that so, my Lady? Would you like a cup of tea? I could get you one right at the moment."

"No, no, Seonghwa. I'm fine. Thank you."

She frowned but nodded respectfully. My bottom lip found its way between my teeth as I retreated my gaze outside. I noticed a couple of carriages outside the gates, as well as men carrying loads of baggage. Perhaps the others have already arrived.

"How thrilling must it be to stay inside the Emperor's palace, Your Grace?" Seonghwa dreamily asked. "You're very lucky to be one of the chosen daughters."

"You think so?"

"Why, yes!" She held my arm. "After all, the Prince chooses his future bride. I'm certain you'd stand a chance among the rest!"

"I don't intend to marry the Prince for love." I reminded her. "I came here for the sake of Jeongdu's people. They deserve a better sovran."

"And that dubs you, my Lady."

"Indeed, Seonghwa."

Our carriage came to a halt. The coach swung the door open for me, and servants from the palace rushed in to collect my belongings. I turned to Seonghwa for a quick embrace— she wasn't allowed within the royal premises.

"I will definitely miss your presence, my Lady."

"That makes the two of us," I patted her back. "Worry not, dear. I sure will write home during my time here."