03 : 𝖨𝗍 𝖶𝖺𝗌 𝖭𝗈𝗍 𝖬𝖾

[🎎]

It was a chilly morning the next day. Thin clouds concealed the blue sky, mist cooled the palace's garden, flowers bloomed with dew on petals, people outside the walls scurried about their daily business.

Y/N stepped out of the doors. She was the first one to wake up from all the ladies and thought it would be a good idea to walk around while she was still equipped with leisure.

"Good morning, Lady Y/N." A male servant greeted as she passed.

Y/N smiled at him. "And to you too."

"You're quite early for breakfast, miss. Would you like us to prepare your serve already?"

"Oh, no." Y/N waved a hand. "I'm only out for a walk. Thank you."

"But madam, you are not allowed outside the gates unless permitted."

She frowned. "Is that so?"

"Their Majesties wanted to ensure the safety of the soon Empress, that's why."

"I understand. Thank you for telling me..?" Y/N raised a brow. "..I don't know your name. I apologize."

"There's no need to bother, Lady Y/N. Just call me servant. I'm fine with that."

"You were given a name and it is not just servant. Do tell me."

He blushed. "Hanseol."

"Lovely," Y/N complimented. "Well, thank you for enlightening me, Hanseol. I appreciate it."

"Pleasure to help, miss." He lowered his head. "I should be going now. Have a good day."

Y/N watched him waddle to the back of the palace to tend on his chores. Now that her plan to go out was scratched, she looked around for a substitute place to be. She spotted the stable, not too far from the gates. There were horses eating fresh hay inside. She marched up to them.

"Hello," she spoke, earning a neigh. "Quite a delectable breakfast you got there."

"Ah, really?"

She belted a loud gasp before turning around. Prince Soobin had just emerged out from a fence, holding a bucket. Y/N stepped back.