11 : 𝖳𝗈 𝖬𝗒 𝖯𝗅𝖺𝖼𝖾

[📖]

[Third Person's POV]

A chaotic morning sparked outside the palace's wall one day. Y/N was one of the first few— mostly the guards— to notice the unravelling commotion in a close by village.

Commoners were in tension with each other, yelling, throwing, bumping, pushing, punching, and cursing each other. Apparently, as what Y/N heard from one of the servants, a group of thieves had ransacked a small shop, causing people to get suspicious of each other. Such misunderstanding and accusations led to a burst of rage.

"Lady Y/N."

From the view, she tore her sight away to look at a man approaching her. Prince Soobin. His eyes looked puffy and bloodshot. It appeared that he didn't get enough sleep.

"Your Highness," Y/N blinked. "Are you alright? You seem drained."

"Oh, yes." He chuckled, rubbing one eye. "I stayed up all night to finish a novel. Daresay, it was magnificent."

They smiled at each other before facing back to the overlooking view beyond tall walls. Prince Soobin frowned. He wasn't in the mood to deal with the fiasco and he didn't think he'd ever would.

"What a morning," he mumbled. "Nothing beats to waking up to a rampage within your kingdom. Such a sight to see, indeed."

"I'm afraid it has gotten worse this time, Your Highness. It hasn't always been this way."

"People change the longer they open their eyes to rebellion, Lady Y/N."

"It doesn't have to be pure rebellion," she uttered. "Sometimes, all it takes is a petty crime to light the bonfire."

"I wonder what caused this unsettling behavior this time." Prince Soobin rubbed his cheek. "Do you perhaps have any word about it, Lady Y/N?"

"Suspicions to one another due to a group of rascals was what I've heard, Your Highness."

"They're getting out of hand," he leaned towards the wooden frame, lowering his head. "Jeongdu will eventually lose its reputation if this doesn't stop soon."

Y/N bit her lip in hesitation. "Pardon me, Your Highness, but.. Haven't Their Majesties thought of anything to solve this matter yet?"

"There's a lot on their plates lately. I'm afraid that this would be the least they'd bother to consult at the moment."