09 : 𝖤𝗆𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌' 𝖩𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗌𝗒

[📜]

[Soobin's POV]

"Brother, I just wanted to know when will you ever speak to her!"

"I don't see why a conversation with Lady Y/N concerns you this much, Yujeong."

"Because!"

"I have nothing to discuss with her."

"With all those books you've read, I'm sure you can come up with an idea!"

"Yujeong!"

I swiftly turned to face my brother who has been tailing and bugging me around since morning. He kept on insisting that I talk to Lady Y/N for no particular reason. He believed that the two of us should start building a compatible bond as he had a strong feeling of Lady Y/N being my future bride.

I wish not to be misunderstood— Lady Y/N stood out the most, yes. But I would hate to make her feel uncomfortable over my random, insignificant gestures. What Yujeong thought was plainly absurd.

"How about you talk to your sister, huh?"

"Oh," he smirked. "So you're no longer uncomfortable with me claiming her as my sister, eh?"

"That is not clearly I meant."

"You can't look me in the eyes though, brother."

"Yujeong," I sighed. "Don't you have anything else for me to say?"

"I do have another one."

I raised my brows. Yujeong balled his fists tightly into my robes, standing in tiptoe to plead right into my face.

"Please, tell mother and father to end this nonsense selection already and pick Lady Y/N instead."

"No," I shoved him off. "I can't do that."

"Why not? You are the one who's going to marrys after all. You are in line for the throne, why can't you decide over this situation?"

"I wasn't the one to start this fiasco, was I?" I gritted. "Besides, as long as our parents have authority, I can't interfere just yet."