05 : 𝖯𝗋𝗂𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝖸𝗎𝗃𝖾𝗈𝗇𝗀'𝗌 𝖲𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌

[🏹]

[Y/N's POV]

To my dearest parents,

I hope this letter finds you in good situations. I have been yearning to express how much I long for your presence around me.

I am well— perhaps finding a tad bit of trouble every now and then. The palace is wonderful; words can not fit as to how it is magnificent. I am in a spacious room filled with luxury as I write you this note. I must say, mother, I never knew that the Emperor have met you beforehand. I am impressed. Their Majesties and Highnesses are hospitable and considerate.

I like it here.

I have befriended one of the ladies. She is exceptionally kind and strong-willed.

Which reminds me; although I have mentioned about catching trouble, I am still determined to prove that I am the next monarch Jeongdu needs. Thank you for encouraging me to be here. Without you, I would be nothing.

Please tell Seonghwa that I wish her well.

I will come home with a crown.

Ever loving,
Y/N

I lifted the parchment in front of the lamp to reread the passage for countless of times. An unconscious smile stretched my lips as I pictured the sight of my parents and Seonghwa receiving my letter in utter thrill and delight.

I miss them.

I would love to visit home; sleep in my comfortable bed, share a conversation with Seonghwa, lay in the balcony's hammock, or play the flute my mother had given me when I was young. Those things I couldn't do here. It's a shame.

SLASH!

"Gah!"

To my bewilderment, an arrow pierced through the paper-thin covers of the window, flying directly past my head, and stab into one of the bed posts. My eyes were marble-wide. I shakily got into my feet to see who fired the shot.

"Lady Y/N!" Prince Yujeong called from the courtyard. "I am very sorry! Are you alright?"

My jaw dropped. I saw him holding a bow, a quiver strapped across his torso. I looked back to the arrow on my bed post. It was frighteningly long. Fortunately, Jungyeon wasn't here yet. She could've gotten hurt. I was miraculously lucky to dodge that.

"I'm fine!" I responded. "There's nothing for you to worry about, Your Highness!"

"Can you come down here? I really feel bad about it, Lady Y/N!"