02 : 𝖣𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝖶𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖱𝗈𝗒𝖺𝗅𝗍𝗂𝖾𝗌

[🍶]

[Third Person's POV]

Later that night, the quiet dining room suddenly erupted with excited chatter and flocked with guests dressed in glamour.

The Emperor and Empress were more than delighted to host their ladies to the table which was occupied with all sorts of delicacies one could imagine— roasted turkey, beef, mutton, fish, and pastries.

Y/N sat beside Jungyeon who was currently helping herself with a plate of smoked ham and meringue. Fronting her were the Princes, Soobin and Yujeong. She fumbled with the fabric of her smooth skirt. Prince Soobin had been shooting glances at her and she didn't know how to cope with the awkwardness. It wasn't that she was shy. She just felt uncomfortable.

"Honey," Jungyeon passed her a drink. "Touch your food. It won't fill you up with plain stare."

"Right."

"Is there anything wrong, Y/N?"

"No, nothing." She sipped. "A little overwhelmed, that's all."

"Lady Y/N!" Prince Yujeong suddenly called. "Has anyone ever told you that you look lovely tonight?"

The rest of the ladies giggled at his remarks. Y/N's face heated. She held up her chin and flashed a tight, grateful smile. Prince Soobin let out a fond chuckle whilst shaking his head.

"Why thank you, Your Highness." Y/N uttered. "I must say, I'm flattered."

"You look incredibly magnificent, even my brother thinks the same. Am I right, Soobin?" Prince Yujeong nudged the older one.

"What?" Prince Soobin looked up from his plate. "Oh, yes. Lady Y/N does look breathtaking. Everyone in this room, apparently."

Jungyeon muffled a giggle and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Prince Yujeong frowned at his brother's response, as if expecting to only compliment Y/N alone. Y/N straightened up to ease herself. The young Prince kept staring at her in awe— he genuinely admired the colors of midnight blue and silver clashing onto Y/N's robes, her hair kept neatly up with sparkling pins, and her dainty posture.

"Oh, no." The Emperor blurted. "Ladies, I've just realized. Has anyone seen Lady Seona?"

All turned to an empty seat beside the Empress. Indeed, Seona was the only one absent in the scene. A curious whisper filled the air. Jungyeon leaned closer to her fellows to discuss. Y/N cared less.

BLAG!

Without a warning, the doors flew open. Footsteps echoed alongside a faint squeak. They all faced Seona who had just barged in.

"What on earth?" Jungyeon mumbled.

It wasn't that Seona had rained on the parade or anything. But the fact that she was overly dressed made them all stiffen like rocks. Her robes were layered and ridiculously long, tulle overflowing as she paced. She bounced on her heels, hands holding up her skirt so she wouldn't trip. She was adorned with too much pins and jewelries that it was almost blinding to look at her whenever light struck the gemstones.