That's One Loud Scientist

Not too long later, a radio signal came in and Xeno started listening in. I decided to listen along with since I was starting to get bored and only got that some guy was with a girl at the moment. Then it cut off. Stan had already left, so it was just me and Xeno in the radio room. After a moment, he called.

"What's the big idea, Chrome, you big goof?! You ain't supposed to call right back-" a guy who sounded a bit brutish started before getting cut off.

"Greetings," Xeno started and absolute silence came from the other end. "I assume this is your preferred frequency of communication? I apologize for my poor Japanese-language skills, but alas, this conversation is unfit for troglodytes. I must ask to speak to your science team leader. Put on Dr. Taiju for me."

There was silence for a few seconds before-

"TAIJU HERE! THAT'S DR. TAIJU TO YOU! SO YOU'RE DR. XENO, HUH?! PAY ATTENTION BECAUSE I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY TO YOU!" he shouted.

Holy shit, he's too loud, I thought as I moved the headphones away from my ears a bit.

"SHOOTING PEOPLE WITH MACHINE GUNS WITHOUT WARNING ISN'T NICE!!"

"My apologies, my soldiers, Stanley and Amy, thought the best greeting would be a demonstration of the chasm that lies between our levels of science. Now, Dr. Taiju, as a fellow science-pro yourself, you must surely realize we already possess a Haber-Bosch plant."

"Wha?! A Haber-thingy! That's Awesome, Dr. Xeno!"

Yes, a Haber-thingy, I just call it a castle.

"So that allows you to fire those machine guns all day long! Is that what you're trying to say?!"

"We are a collection of professional adults. It's nothing like your ragtag band of merry youths playing with science. Now, I hope you'll surrender at once and serve me. Nothing more, nothing less. You see, our population is lacking. Only those who maintained consciousness while petrified for thousands of years can be revived with a dash of nitric acid. My people are the select few who achieved that. But, you are several dozen. I can scarcely believe all those youths are mental champions of the highest order. Tell me then, how did you revive the statues."

Yeah, I highly doubt that all of them could do it, so there's probably at least one modern scientist.

There were a few moments of silence before, "YOU'RE NEVER GETTING THE REVIVAL FLUID! REQUEST DENIED, MISTER!!"

"Very well, negotiations have been broken down then. What a shame."

With that, Xeno ended the call.

"Jeez, if that guy's the scientist, he's way too loud," I sighed as I put the headset down.

"I didn't know you could understand Japanese," he commented as he put his headset down.

"I was supposed to go to Japan for a few months, but that 'Why-man' ruined that."

"I see. Well, would you like to talk to our new "friend" to see if everything he has said is true?"

"Sure," I hopped off the countertop I was sitting on. "It'll also help me refresh my Japanese a bit." I left the communication room and went down the hallways to my room. I changed into one of my lighter hoodies and a pair of sweatpants before heading to where Gen was being guarded by Maya. "I got him for a couple of hours, so feel free to rest or get a bite to eat."

"Thanks, have fun," she said as she started walking off with a little wave. Maya is our main muscle woman here. She used to be in the MMA, I think. Hell, she could even kill a crocodile with her bare hands I bet.