Chapter One

As in was passing the Welcome to Bon Temps sign, I thought, "I should swing by Merlott's", so I turned off on the road for the bar. Before I pulled up I could hear the music, I get out of my jeep and walked to the bar. "Breath, you can do this." I said to myself and pulled the door open. "Hi, there honey. I will be right there with you." A red woman said, I nodded and looked around. When she got done she walked over, "Follow me. My name is Arlene." She said and led me over to a booth. "Nice to meet ya, I'm Dakota." I said sitting down. She smiled at me and handed me the menu and told me Dawn would be my waitress. As I was looking over the menu I could hear three voices I hadn't heard in six years. I use my wolf hearing to hear what they were saying, "Sook, what is it?" Tara asked "I dont know it's like someone walked in with immense amount of power." She said "Hookah, what you mean?" One of my best friends said. "What can I get you?" A brunette asked me. I was upset that I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation, I turned a smile to her and said," I will have a sweet tea, fried pickles, and the biggest bowl of gumbo you got."she nodded and walked over to the next table to take their order. My phone chimed I looked down at it and a saw a text from my sister. "Dakota Astrid, where the fuck are you?!?!" I smiled practically hearing her yelling. "I got hungry. So I stopped at Merlott's." I shot back. "Lafayette, I need my orders." I heard my waitress yell. "Would you hold your horses, Hookah. " he said while walking into the kitchen. He looked through the window at my booth, and it looked like he say a ghost. He dropped what he was holding before it the ground I used my powers, I waved my hand and they flew to the counter luckily nobody was looking. Before I knew it he was out of the kitchen, I heard Sookie and Tara ask him where he was going. By that time he was around the corner and tackling me in a hug. "Dakota Astrid Santos, Bitch where the fuck have you been?" He asking pulling back, I smiled and said, "Well, you know finishing school and learning a few new tricks." while wiggling my fingers. By the time I got finished telling him that Sookie and Tara came around the corner saw me screamed and came running . They said in unison, "Oh My God! I can't believe your home." "So I see I was missed." I said smiling.  "What's all the commotion about?" my best friend's voice says. I looked at the door pouted and said " Geez, Jas, I've not been back in town a day and your already being mean to me." After he got over his shock he ran over to me hugged me spun me around a d said, " I'm so glad your home. I've got my best friend and partner in crime back." I looked over his shoulder at my waitress and you could see the jealousy on her face.  "Let me get your food, than we can talk. Sam, im going to take my break in just a minute." Lafayette stated. "Same" Sookie and Tara said, I nodded. "Come on Jas take a seat. Hey Hoyt you too." We seat down and waited on the other three to get back from what they were doing.