Chapter 23

Dex

The next morning, we packed up everything, and started walking. We reached the outskirts of the city after some time and paused to take a breath. We were gonna take the train to Chicago, since the pegasus would take time. The city was Little Rock, as Zake claimed. He seemed to know a whole lot about this place.

Once we entered the city, Zake led the way. He didn't tell us how, but I could tell he had been here. We had to reach Little Rock Union station which would take us to Chicago Union Station. We had to move fast now since the train came only once a day and if we missed it we'd just rot here for the day. Zake found a bus stop since we all were pretty tired of walking now. The wound on my forehead would flare up sometimes, but of course I didn't tell anyone. Zake found us the right bus and we stepped into it. Thank Goodness Chiron had given us some mortal currency. We stepped out of the bus and saw the station instantly.

Nate, who I'd forgotten was even there, said, " Woah, I've always wanted to go on an Amtrak." Me too. But I didn't say that. Zake smiled and said, " Yeah, even I have never traveled like that before."

We entered the station and suddenly Zake looked at all of us.

"We have a problem" he said,

" What's wrong?" I asked since the others were way too absorbed in the station design.

"We can't just get tickets like that. One. We're like 16 or something-"

"I'm 14!" Alexa called out.

" Yeah whatever" Zake said, " Then we need a lot of money, ID and all that stuff. And weapons are also not allowed-" Alexa rolled her eyes across Zake.

"Stop worrying," she said, " We have a solution to that." I knew what she was gonna do. She always did it the best.

"The Mist"