Chapter 5: The Authority (Part 1)

Jules was very, very excited. Well, also a bit nervous, but that was overruled by the excitement.
This was because today was the day that Jules began doing undercover at The Authority.
Of course, making gadgets for Ghost was fun, but it wasn't as fun or, in Jules' opinion, as helpful as being actually in the field. Midas needed every scrap of information he could get, and Jules wanted to help.
Jules just hoped that she wasn't walking into a trap. If Chaos Agent knew about her being a Ghost agent, it could be it for her.
But that wasn't going to happen. She was going to be fine.
And, if she wasn't fine, Skye would come and save her despite Ollie's best efforts to tell her that getting involved was a bad idea. That was the sort of thing Skye would do.

Meanwhile, Chaos Agent was making some of his own preparations with his trusted agent Omega. He was trained to kill any Shadow agent on the spot if they stepped out of line.
"You know what you must do?" he asked Omega seriously.
"Of course, sir. Keep and eye on Jules and kill her if she does anything suspicious," Omega replied casually.
"Good. Your access card has access to Jules' workshop and the security office if you need to keep an eye on her when she needs privacy."
"Good."
"Best be going. You have an hour or so to get ready for her arrival."
"Aight. See ya, Chaos."
"Agent. Chaos Agent."
"Sure, grandpa. I'll report anything I see."
"Farewell, agent Omega."
"Farewell, Prince Chaos of Agent."
Chaos Agent sighed and shook his head as Omega left his office. He was very tempted to shoot Omega as soon as he caught sight of him, but he was a very valuable for Shadow, and Chaos Agent wouldn't harm the chances for a successful business choice.
Even though he had serious attitude. Chaos Agent hated that with every single fibre of his being.

"Good luck. Hope you don't die," Skye shrugged.
"Oh, you know me, I won't die," Jules giggled.
She was wearing a new uniform of her design; a pair of black denim dungarees with the Shadow logo embroidered on them. She also had a robber-style mask with a skull in case she had to anything secret, although it wouldn't disguise her within The Authority.
Ohm flew over to Jules, hooting a melodic tune and an ring on her outstretched arm. Jules smiled.
"Hey Skye, watch this," Jules grinned.
"OK?" Skye wondered.
Jules pressed a button on Ohm's chest, and all of his metal feathers, head and body folded into an incredibly compact floppy disc. Skye's concern was written on her face like an open book.
"Is he OK?!" she cried.
"He's fine. I've just compacted him for easy travel. I can unfold him using this button here."
Jules pointed to a yellow button on top of the floppy disc.
"Is this so he can go to The Authority with you?"
"Mm hmm."
"OK then."
"Right, I best be going."
"OK. See ya!"
Jules went to the dock and got into one of the boats. As she sped off from The Fortilla, she studied her handiwork on the place. It was pretty good!
Jules meandered her boat around all of the floating islands of trash, making sure to go around Salty Springs to make it seem like she wasn't coming from The Fortilla (although the Shadow henchmen probably saw her anyway), then she headed to a makeshift dock set up on one face of The Authority's dam-like walls.
After using a zipline to get down off the wall, Jules spotted two Shadow agents she had never seen before.
One was like a robot, but she had a feeling he wasn't; with black metal casing and an orange light-up visor for his eyes. She felt that he was meant to be menacing, but in the manner he was now, he wasn't intimidating at all.
The other was a woman. She wore a red dress with red devil glasses and a red beret. She also wore a black belt and matching gloves and leggings. There was so much rubber on her person, that Jules was almost convinced that she was a figurine.
As Jules got closer to the pair, they began to turn to her.
"Oh, there she is! Jules, welcome to The Authority!" The woman cheered. She had a very thick French accent.
"Hi there. I've never actually... seen you before. Who are you people?" Jules asked.
She smiled to herself. She had forgotten how good it felt to be powerful.
"Well, dear, I'm Rue. I've been working at Shadow for about a month now. This is Omega. He seems all scary in his robot suit, but I promise you he isn't that bad."
"I'm not that bad," Omega nodded.
"We're here to keep an eye on you. Chaos Agent is considering the idea that you were at Steamy Stacks, but we know that you weren't. You couldn't have been," Rue shrugged.
"Well, I'm here to keep an eye on you. Rue's just helping me out. But I'm sure it's nothing, and in a week things'll be normal again."
"OK..." Jules replied. She really hoped they didn't pick up on how nervous she was.
"Let's hop along, then!" Rue grinned.
They began to walk into the building and through the front office. Jules didn't have a clue where they were going, but she followed nonetheless.
They turned down a corridor which led to a large vault in the same place of The Agency's vault, then they went to the right of the vault... to a wall.
"What are we doing here?" Jules asked them.
Rue turned to Jules and grinned.
"Say your name," she said.
"My name? Why?"
"Just do it."
"Jules...?"
To Jules' surprise, the wall opened up completely to reveal a hidden room. And this hidden room made Jules gasp, then smile from ear to ear.