Chapter 19: Operation: Save Ohm!

Skye watched as Jules' breathing began to get more panicked and quickened.
"Well, we have to do something!" Skye nodded decidedly before walking away.
"Shouldn't we come up with a plan first?" Siona suggested.
Skye stopped walking and turned around.
"We go into The Authority, find Ohm, then leave. Simple," Skye explained, then kept walking.
"Uhh, Skye? That's not a plan," Jules frowned.
"If we go to The Authority with that husk of a plan, then we're going in with a death wish," Midas narrowed his eyes.
"That's why we're gonna kidnap some henchmen and steal their outfits," Skye shrugged before stopping, "And with our luck, Hush and her four friends you two seem to know an awful lot about will already be in there creating a distraction. Simple."
Midas and Jules exchanged looks.
"Do they always do this?" Siona whispered to Ollie.
"Yup. Every single time," Ollie nodded.
Siona's loss of confidence was practically visible as she looked to Dio for help. All he did was shrug.
"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Skye, cheered, then kept going with a skip in her stride.
"Hey, uhh, Dio?" Siona whispered to Dio.
"Hmm?" he replied.
"Remind me to change this planet's danger level from a two to a four, OK?"
"Okie dokie."
Then, they went after the four strange Earthlings.

Marcus stared in fear at the seven Shadow henchmen Hush had just killed with vines that seemed to appear out of the floor.
"You didn't tell me you had superpowers!" Wild Card gasped.
"I don't. Well... I didn't," Hush said.
She couldn't honestly explain why she had gained these powers. They had just appeared after she had been resurrected.
"We can't waste any more time. Come on!" Lone Shadow gestured ahead.
Hush and the others all followed Lone Shadow through the halls filled with more Shadow henchmen, which they easily killed with a few quick blows. They came across a hallway, with two people at the end.
One of the men appeared to be some kind of cyborg or robot with orange neon stripes going down his suit. He was holding a metal owl, which Hush assumed to be bad news.
The other, well, Hush knew that it was Chaos Agent before he even turned around. And when he did, that was just confirmation. The black gas mask and suit were different to last time Hush encountered him, but she knew it was Martin under the mask.
"After 55 years, I'm so glad you decided to pay me a visit," Chaos Agent sniggered.
"Drop the act. You're terrified. I know it. I can sense it," Hush snarled.
"Well, I can't deny that. But that's why I wear a mask, so my emotions are hidden."
"Well, I'll just have to take the mask off, then, won't I?"
Hush produced a pistol she had stolen from a dead Shadow henchman, and shot a clean bullet hole through the eye of the gas mask. Some of the Chaos Serum poured out of it, but it was stabilized within a moment.
"Woah, what happened to him?!" Wild Card gasped.
Of course! None of the others knew!
"So, umm, he injected himself with some special Chaos Serum that made him immortal. So, uhh, no biggie," Hush explained.
"What?!" Sierra cried.
"Well, I would say that hurt, but it didn't. I was designing a new mask anyway. Now, let me be rid of you!" Chaos Agent shouted!
Then, he shot all five of them with a suppressed pistol before any of them could react. But, to his surprise, they all stayed on their feet.
"I'm dead! I'm dead! He's killed me!" Marcus shouted, clutching the smoking bullet hole in his chest.
"You're not dead! Well, you are, but you know. You're technically... alive?" Hush wondered.
"So you're all like me, then?" Chaos Agent remarked.
"We will never be like you!" Sierra shouted. Hush nodded; it was a good comeback.
"In the way that we can never die, yes," Hush narrowed her eyes at him.
"Then it appears that we are at a stalemate," Chaos Agent laughed.
"Actually, I have one more idea..." Hush smiled.
"Uh oh," Hush heard the cyborg man say from the other side of the hallway, before getting himself and the metal owl away from the action.
Then, Hush trapped Chaos Agent in a ball of vines. Some Shadow henchmen appeared to help him, but something about them stopped Hush from attacking them too. She could sense who they were under the mask...
Is that Skye and her friends?!
"Hello, sir. Have you seen a robot owl?" The henchman she thought was Jules asked Chaos Agent.
"It went with Omega, down that corridor. We found it in Jules' workshop, so we want it in good condition," Chaos Agent said from inside the ball of vines.
"OK, thanks," Jules nodded.
Then, they all ran off down that corridor. Hush wondered how they hadn't gotten themselves killed.
"I guess we're going now, since we can't do anything else," Hush grumbled.
"Yes. I think you should," Chaos Agent said calmly.
So, Hush, Wild Card, Lone Shadow, Sierra and Marcus left Chaos Agent in the ball of vines and left. If they couldn't do anything else now, they would have to do something about it later.

Skye and the others ran as inconspicuously as possible down the hallway Chaos Agent had mentioned. Jules really wanted to catch up with Omega so that she could talk to him. Maybe, just maybe, she could persuade him to join Ghost?
"What does Omega look like again?" Skye asked Jules.
"He's like a robot, but really he's a guy in a suit. He has orange strips on his suit, and they glow, so you can see him from a mile off," Jules explained.
"Is that him over there?" Siona asked thoughtfully.
"That's him!" Jules gasped.
And there he was. He looked to Ohm and then back forwards, walking quickly.
"Omega! Stop!" Ollie shouted, and Omega whirled around to see them.
"What do you want?" Omega shouted at them.
"We need the owl. It's an emergency!" Jules replied.
Jules tried to keep her cool as she noticed how Omega recognised her voice. He gestured for her to come closer, and she did calmly.
"Jules?" Omega whispered.
"No!" Jules shot back.
Omega gave her a look.
"...Maybe."
"What are you doing here?"
"I realised I left Ohm behind. I had to come back."
"It's really dangerous. Too dangerous. It's a robot; you can make another."
"Ohm's different. I've coded him in a way that makes him alive. He has feelings and can remember names and faces. Don't you?"
Ohm hooted in delight, then hopped onto Jules' arm when she stretched it out. Onega regarded them both, deep in thought.
"Fine. Take him. I won't tell Chaos Agent, and you don't tell your boss, Midas," Omega sighed.
Jules felt Midas' eyes on the back of her head, just staring at her.
"I promise," Jules nodded.
Then, she turned to leave.
"Wait! Just one more thing before you go," Omega called ahead.
Jules turned back around to face him.
"It's nice to see you again. I'm so glad you're OK. I don't think I could kill you, even if Chaos Agent was stood right behind me with a gun at my head."
"Thanks," Jules nodded, "See you soon."
Then, they were gone. They left The Authority without anyone knowing they had even been in there, then they left to go back to Craggy Cliffs to see if they could fix Siona and Dio's spaceship.
"Here we are!" Siona grinned when they reached their spaceship.
Skye had never seen the spaceship before; it was mainly white with an orange ring on the front and similar orange boosters on the back. The front of the spacecraft was protected by a green hexagonal forcefield the same colour as Siona and Dio's hair, and two thrusters sat in the sand either side of the spaceship.
"Where are the parts, then?" Midas sighed.
"Well, there's the Thruster in the cliff and the Battery Pack behind the ship. We don't know the whereabouts of the Heat Shield," Dio explained.
They looked around for the parts, but could find neither. They did find a scorch mark in the cliff where the Thruster was, though. Siona and Dio exchanged a horrified look.
"Th-They're gone!" Siona whimpered.
"Where are they?!" Dio gasped.
"Wrong question," Midas replied.
They all looked at Midas.
"The question you should be asking is 'Who took them?' And 'Why did they leave the spaceship behind?'"

TO BE CONTINUED...

Word Count: 1434 Words